The Pete Carmichael Problem (1 Viewer)

The the reddit guy MUST be lying because that play starts at the 41, and he says Carr takes a sack, but on the next slide he says "very next play" but the line of scrimmage is the 47, so it could not have been the next play or he could not have been sacked.

just to clear this up...

(12:45) L.Young reported in as eligible. D.Carr sacked at NO 38 for -3 yards (S.Barrett).PENALTY on TB-S.Barrett, Face Mask, 15 yards, enforced at NO 41 - No Play.

Was a sack... but it wasn't the very next play cause, the next play was when Kamara ran backwards out of bounds. And that's more on Carmichael for the design of going east to west too much this game instead of north and south.

(12:26) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass short middle to A.Kamara pushed ob at 50 for -6 yards (A.Winfield).

So no don't trust the reddit user 100%. But if yall didn't see Carr holding the ball staring down receivers instead of taking what was available all game long, I can't help you.

Carr should not have played with his Arm out of sorts without a full week of getting used to where it was at.

and get this straight as well as my point of view. people just like to gloss over the details. the Reddit post says this "Carmichael isn't completely to blame. Carr has to make the easy throws. A breakdown from some misses this last game"

some serious Gloss

just to clear this up...

(12:45) L.Young reported in as eligible. D.Carr sacked at NO 38 for -3 yards (S.Barrett).PENALTY on TB-S.Barrett, Face Mask, 15 yards, enforced at NO 41 - No Play.

Was a sack... but it wasn't the very next play cause, the next play was when Kamara ran backwards out of bounds. And that's more on Carmichael for the design of going east to west too much this game instead of north and south.

(12:26) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass short middle to A.Kamara pushed ob at 50 for -6 yards (A.Winfield).

So no don't trust the reddit user 100%. But if yall didn't see Carr holding the ball staring down receivers instead of taking what was available all game long, I can't help you.

Carr should not have played with his Arm out of sorts without a full week of getting used to where it was at.

and get this straight as well. the Reddit post says this "Carmichael isn't completely to blame. Carr has to make the easy throws. A breakdown from some misses this last game"
With an obvious axe to grind, and purposefully making absolute lies, to make Carr look as poor as possible.

Again, Carr has room for improvement, and shares in some of the blame, but this Reddit post is a hatchet job.

Our offense was pedestrian last year, and the year before as well.

Carr may have some share in the disappointment, but the lions share is by far on Carmichael

I’m too fuzzy on the circumstances now, but Payton called some WTH play on a critical third down that got blown up by the defense. Either ended up being a turnover or took us out of scoring position or something that spelled our demise in a close game. Somebody will fill in the details.

(And that probably happened more than any of us want to remember.)

There’s no point to that - just something that flashed in my mind thinking about bad play calls.
Three stand out to me:

2007 vs the Bucs, calling an end around into a reverse when the team just needed to keep the clock running - fumble on the handoff from Bush to Henderson, TD Bucs, game over

2013 vs the Jets, Payton calls an end around to TE Josh Hill, who had maybe 5 professional touches in his career to that point. Jets blew it up and went on to win

2015 vs the Cowboys, fake punt with Morstead either handing off to Travaris Cadet or... keeping it? On 4th and a mile?

We could also bag on the offensive line, and we could bay on Olave for checking out of the game and mailing it in on routes late.

No one has even brought up prentice and his dropped pass on 3rd down and fumble.

There is lots of blame to go around, but it should start and end with the offensive coordinator.

With an obvious axe to grind, and purposefully making absolute lies, to make Carr look as poor as possible.

Again, Carr has room for improvement, and shares in some of the blame, but this Reddit post is a hatchet job.

Our offense was pedestrian last year, and the year before as well.

Carr may have some share in the disappointment, but the lions share is by far on Carmichael

Ok just, you said exactly what that reddit post said... with or without an Axe... What are you talking about an Axe?

so you're only disagreement is "It's Carmichael's fault that the play calling didn't stop Carr from being a Veteran and knowing his arm wasn't at full power so why not take what was given to him instead of trying to the big play over and over again?"

and over and over again......................

Three stand out to me:

2007 vs the Bucs, calling an end around into a reverse when the team just needed to keep the clock running - fumble on the handoff from Bush to Henderson, TD Bucs, game over

Pretty sure this is the one I was trying to recall. Thanks.

Let me throw one more bomb on 3rd down. Off target... PLEASE>

Is it just me, but I recall Sean running the same play again, by using many different personnel packages. I don't see that with Pete. It really looks like the other team knows 95% of the time, the play we are about to run. Lance Moore said he knows the play we are going to run, by the package we send in.

Shanle reading a running back's nameplate 😍

5'10" Jason Craft covering 6'6" Jerramy Stevens 😍

Gary Gibbs was something, man

I wonder how many people didn’t think Gary Gibbs was the issue 😄

I remember being at the at game in 2008 against Minny. We never disguised our blitzes and showed an all out. Minny gets the TD and Porter got injured on that play. We lose.

I remember when my buddy texted me that Gibbs walked out with a box of how excited I was that a change was being made. Nothing against him as a person but he was not the right man for the job.

I wonder how many people didn’t think Gary Gibbs was the issue 😄

I remember being at the at game in 2008 against Minny. We never disguised our blitzes and showed an all out. Minny gets the TD and Porter got injured on that play. We lose.

I remember when my buddy texted me that Gibbs walked out with a box of how excited I was that a change was being made. Nothing against him as a person but he was not the right man for the job.
Gibbs played cornerbacks on sides instead of having CB1 (McKenzie) shadow WR1

This is how Fred Thomas, Jason David, Jason Craft, and everyone else the Saints tried at CB2 got torched

He also had a thing for having Mark Simoneau (MLB) crash down to the line of scrimmage and get boxed out of the play... there is no reason I can produce for a middle linebacker averaging 4 tackles per game across two seasons. Imagine carrying that defense into 2009 🤦🏽‍♀️

Hear me out on the second play. Keep the same lineup but have Taysom fake the hand off to both Carr and Kamara and thow it to carr down the sideline. He would have been wide open and walk into the endzone.
Stop it Pete

But now the Pats are going to have to respect all these foolish plays that might face ?

The worst call all game was handing the ball off before the half. And THAT was one of Saints all time bad play calls and IMHO tells you that Dennis Allen is not fit to be a HC. Think of Giants Picarcek handoff flub.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom