The random stuff from X thread (2 Viewers)

Yeah, I’d suspect mutilating someone by chopping their nuts off would probably be considered “cruel and unusual punishment,” even if they deserved it.
Well, they did call it surgery, so, a vasectomy. I mean, I've had one and wasn't that bad. Sore for a day or 2 and back to normal pretty much.

Well, they did call it surgery, so, a vasectomy. I mean, I've had one and wasn't that bad. Sore for a day or 2 and back to normal pretty much.

I don't know the details (and I'm not sure I want to), but I would assume they have to be doing more than a vasectomy. Otherwise, what's really the point?

I would think they would be looking to do the surgical version of chemical castration. So, I would think we are actually talking actual physical castration. Which, while I think child molesters deserve it, likely would be considered both cruel and unusual punishment under the U.S. Constitution. At a minimum, it's unusual.

I don't know the details (and I'm not sure I want to), but I would assume they have to be doing more than a vasectomy. Otherwise, what's really the point?

I would think they would be looking to do the surgical version of chemical castration. So, I would think we are actually talking actual physical castration. Which, while I think child molesters deserve it, likely would be considered both cruel and unusual punishment under the U.S. Constitution. At a minimum, it's unusual.
I say turn them into eunuchs.

I mean, I get the sentiment. But we're talking child molesters, not shoplifting.
It’s not a bad question though
It’s like the ‘we don’t make treaties with our friends’ line
We don’t need to protect the speech we agree with
We don’t need laws guaranteeing angels equal access to defense
- it’s specifically in the worst case scenarios where we find what our true ethical nature is

I mean, I get the sentiment. But we're talking child molesters, not shoplifting.
Agreed, but this is where the phrase "A slippery slope" is actually applicable. We, as a nation, are very quick to advocate cruel and unusual punishments for many criminal acts. Now, LA government have taken numerous steps in the past year to circumvent the Bill of Rights under the guise of being "tough on crime" with very limited push back from the public.

It’s not a bad question though
It’s like the ‘we don’t make treaties with our friends’ line
We don’t need to protect the speech we agree with
We don’t need laws guaranteeing angels equal access to defense
- it’s specifically in the worst case scenarios where we find what our true ethical nature is
True enough.

Agreed, but this is where the phrase "A slippery slope" is actually applicable. We, as a nation, are very quick to advocate cruel and unusual punishments for many criminal acts. Now, LA government have taken numerous steps in the past year to circumvent the Bill of Rights under the guise of being "tough on crime" with very limited push back from the public.
Yeah, I mean, who's gonna push back for child molesters? Of course that's not the real question, but people frame things how they want to more often than not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom