The random stuff from X thread (9 Viewers)

Stupid hawk. A crow would have figured out a solution.
Yeah, the solution a crow would have figured out right away is that it didn't want to eat that kiddy.

An owl never would never have seen the kiddy through glass. Glass probably looks like a solid wall to an owl. I've never seen an owl run into a window. Most birds do fly into glass windows and doors.

Yeah, the solution a crow would have figured out right away is that it didn't want to eat that kiddy.

An owl never would never have seen the kiddy through glass. Glass probably looks like a solid wall to an owl. I've never seen an owl run into a window. Most birds do fly into glass windows and doors.
Sadly, I have. One swooped down from a tree limb and flew directly into the driver's side glass of my car. It was a horrible sound almost like a muffled gun going off. And the aftermath required a fair amount of cleanup from the impact. But my guess is that it was focused intently on some small critter across the road for its next meal and wasn't aware that my vehicle that was about to intersect with his flight path. The fact that this owl hit squarely in the center of that glass with no attempt to divert is evidence that it happened so fast the bird could do nothing to avoid the collision. It was just perfect timing... or imperfect timing from that poor owl's standpoint. 😢

Sadly, I have. One swooped down from a tree limb and flew directly into the driver's side glass of my car. It was a horrible sound almost like a muffled gun going off. And the aftermath required a fair amount of cleanup from the impact. But my guess is that it was focused intently on some small critter across the road for its next meal and wasn't aware that my vehicle that was about to intersect with his flight path. The fact that this owl hit squarely in the center of that glass with no attempt to divert is evidence that it happened so fast the bird could do nothing to avoid the collision. It was just perfect timing... or imperfect timing from that poor owl's standpoint. 😢
I’ve had one hit my car door before, scared the beejeesus out of me.

i've had a bird sheet on my car. sorry, i have nothing to contribute, but i am also bored.

I’ve had one hit my car door before, scared the beejeesus out of me.
I was playing softball on a Saturday morning a few weeks ago, and when we got to the field (which backed up to a canal) there was hawk sitting in left field eating something. We got closer and saw it was a snake -- it didn't want to share, so it scooped it up and swallowed the whole thing and flew off.

I wanted to find the rest of the story but all I could come up with was this:
tenor.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom