The Science of Fasting (1 Viewer)

Bad gut bacteria linked to Parkinsons

A new study just identified gut microbes likely to be involved and linked them with decreased riboflavin ( vitamin B2) and biotin (vitamin B7), pointing the way to an unexpectedly simple treatment that may help: B vitamins.

"Supplementation of riboflavin and/or biotin is likely to be beneficial in a subset of Parkinson's disease patients, in which gut dysbiosis plays pivotal roles," Nagoya University medical researcher Hiroshi Nishiwaki and colleagues write in their paper.

I find it interesting that the article suggests supplementation rather than getting it from the best natural source, red meat. Why pay companies that make supplements, which are never nearly as bioavailable as natural sources.

Also from the article: A 2003 study found high doses of riboflavin can assist in recovering some motor functions in patients who also eliminated red meat from their diets. So it's possible that high doses of vitamin B may prevent some of the damage, Nishiwaki and team propose.

I find it interesting that the article suggests supplementation rather than getting it from the best natural source, red meat. Why pay companies that make supplements, which are never nearly as bioavailable as natural sources.
You know that vitamin got into that meat from veggie sources right? Unless you're eating liver, it'll take ~10 oz to reach the DV.

1 cup of yogurt, glass of milk, and 1 oz almonds and you're 107% DV. 1 egg is 15%. 2 eggs and a bagel get you to 45%.

You know that vitamin got into that meat from veggie sources right? Unless you're eating liver, it'll take ~10 oz to reach the DV.

1 cup of yogurt, glass of milk, and 1 oz almonds and you're 107% DV. 1 egg is 15%. 2 eggs and a bagel get you to 45%.
Exactly, I get my veggies through my meat. Plus I eat 5 fresh eggs every morning from my own livestock so my egg intake alone almost covers that but then I also eat between 10-14oz of meat per day as well. Mostly grass fed ground beef, but also ribeye, salmon and chicken every now and then.

Plus bagels are awful for me, give me terrible acid reflux and gas. I wish I had cut grains both whole and refined out of my diet 10 years earlier.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom