The SHAWN CRABLE bandwagon (1 Viewer)

Purdue runs a 4-3 defense so of course he played DE. He's listed as a LBer for the Chargers. As for Blackstock, what do you think Peterson is best suited for if not an OLB in a 3-4 defense?

Peterson was horrible in his 1 season after SF made the switch to the 3-4. Seattle runs a 4-3. Blackstock still has some potential; if the Bengals make the switch, he could have a nice season. Arizona was running a 4-3 for most of his time there and still gave a lot of 4-3 looks last season.

4.64 isn't fast enough?
Not when all he can do is run in a straight line it isn't. Everything about the guy says that he's going to be placed at a rush end/linebacker position. He's a liability in coverage, loses the ball in space, poor backpeddling, great burst off the edge, too stiff in his hips and does not change direction well, etc. It all points to his being a situational pass rusher which he just might be very good at in the right defense.

The fact that he ran with the D-Linemen at the Combine speaks louder than any draft profile blurb about the guy...

Not when all he can do is run in a straight line it isn't. Everything about the guy says that he's going to be placed at a rush end/linebacker position. He's a liability in coverage, loses the ball in space, poor backpeddling, great burst off the edge, too stiff in his hips and does not change direction well, etc. It all points to his being a situational pass rusher which he just might be very good at in the right defense.

The fact that he ran with the D-Linemen at the Combine speaks louder than any draft profile blurb about the guy...

Couldn't have said it any better. Dead on, IMHO.

He's also just stupid. I remember his recruitment. He has horrible interviews, barely qualified as it was, was a real jerk about his recruitment, then got up to Michigan and had trouble staying qualified, was known for his dumb penalties on the playing field, and was part of a very recent expose on players being handed grades at Michigan.

He's not just probably dumb, but he plays dumb as well (as the penalties demonstrate). He's got a place somewhere in the NFL i'm sure, someone will take him in the 3rd or 4th, but he'd drive me batty if he was on my team.

Crable is a Warrior, he came to saints camp last year and b-slapped Walt Thomas right before the 1st practice, Walt was so dizzy after it he didn't last 3 minutes.....

He's also just stupid. I remember his recruitment. He has horrible interviews, barely qualified as it was, was a real jerk about his recruitment, then got up to Michigan and had trouble staying qualified, was known for his dumb penalties on the playing field, and was part of a very recent expose on players being handed grades at Michigan.

He's not just probably dumb, but he plays dumb as well (as the penalties demonstrate). He's got a place somewhere in the NFL i'm sure, someone will take him in the 3rd or 4th, but he'd drive me batty if he was on my team.

YouTube - The Ann Arbor News | U-M vs. Minnesota press conference

Doesn't seem that dumb. He's an OLB, not a MIKE; he doesn't need to be the smartest guy on the field, like DeMeco Ryans or Jonathan Goff, but even still, he's far from a moron. I'd be more worried about guys like Vince Young or JaMarcus Russell: Guys who aren't very intelligent, but have more mental accountability than anyone else on the field. Heck, Rich Kotite was a coach and he was a moron. We're talking about a 3rd-round OLB, here.

He's had some dumb penalties, like the hit on Troy Smith, but who hasn't? Everyone screws up at some point and dumb penalties are things you can work on.

Marcus Howard is another guy who is going to have trouble finding a spot on the right team. He's not really big enough for De and he's not athletic enough for LBer. He's one of hose "tweener" types. At least Crable has a frame large enough to pack on more weight and become a Bobby McCray/Shaun Phillips-type.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom