The Timing for the Steelers Game Couldn't be Worse (1 Viewer)

Dan in Lafayette

Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I see a lot of trouble on the horizon in Pittsburgh this weekend.

Every talking head that deems themselves and NFL pundit has placed a tombstone atop the Pittsburgh Steelers' season. It appears to be unanimous. Chris "Done Deal" Mortenson has sent flowers. Pete Prisco declares, "The Pittsburgh Steelers have something in common with Saddam Hussein -- they both got death sentences Sunday; Hussein by hanging, the Steelers by Super Bowl hangover." OUCH!

The Steelers are a very prideful team and "will not go quietly into that goodnight". We are going to be in for a heckuva (couldn't resist) game this weekend. Maybe it is just my long history with the Saints that makes me worry so much every week.

St.JaKe

Reaction score
The Steelers will still have to pick their poison.
A.) Marques Colston
B.) Reggie Bush
C.) Deuce McAllister
D.) Joe Horn
E.) Devery Henderson
And oops, I forgot the Administer of Poison (he'll give you the correct dosage).
Drew Brees.

Any questions?

shrike3000

Holding Out of TC
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I see this as a Trap game for us also. They are going to be more fired up than ever... I hope for the best, but I think it will be a Loss.

Puntz

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
the steelers can score quickly with ward (he scares me), if they do then we will get away from our running game and it will be on Brees to catch up and outscore them. We did this @ green bay, but couldn't do it at home to the ravens. I'm guessing they will try to emulate their division rivals plan to dismantle the Saints. Whether they can pull it off remains to be seen

MackeyM

atakapa refugee
Reaction score
Yes, Dan and Atom. This one has "Trap" written all over it.
And I read on ESPN that Payton gave the guys today off. What was he thinking? I hope this doesn't turn out like the Ravens game. Too much time off, not enough preparation.

SaintJ

hard, pipe-hittin'
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
It could be that last week was their big focus game, and they shot their bolt with their best game of the season but just couldn't hang on to the ball. You'd think that if there was going to be a "kitchen sink" game it would be against a big AFC playoff rival that they beat in the AFC championship game on the way to the Super Bowl last year.

Also, there is the Ben Headache factor, the Super Bowl Hangover factor, and the Is Our Coach A Lame Duck factor, and other distractions that make it hard to execute with confidence. They're 2-6 for a reason.

Yes, a wounded opponent can be dangerous, but they can also shoot themselves in the foot trying too hard to hit five-run homers. If we stay cool and disciplined, I like our chances, even on the road, against a powerful but struggling team.

Great Dane

He who dares wins
Reaction score
The Steelers have been unlucky, played some tuff teams (except Raiders) and seen their QB play way below average.

This will be their "save the season game". We will need to start fast (as against the Bucs) and play really disciplined football. Let them panick and put some pressure on Big Ben (who is awful right now). Will be a close, close game

Ti Rider

Me Worry?
Reaction score
x 3. I really, really wish the Steelers would've won last week. The Steelers are a good team that have caught alot of bad breaks and shot themselves in the foot. So now the Saints are facing a team, whose at home (they play great at home), been called "done" and openly laughed at by ESPN's talking heads, will have a 900 lb. chip on their shoulders. Great. This is a "statement game" for the Steelers, they will be looking to not only to beat the Saints but destroy them to prove they're still "legit".......

Peet

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
this is the forecast as of today

Day

Cloudy High
49°F

Precip
10%

Wind: SSW 9 mph
Max. Humidity: 67%
UV Index: 2 Low

Sunrise: 7:03 AM ET
Avg. High: 54°F
Record High: 65°F (1995)

Mostly Cloudy Overnight Low
38°F

Precip
10%

Wind: ESE 6 mph
Max. Humidity: 75%

Sunset: 5:05 PM ET
Avg. Low: 34°F
Record Low: 25°F (1988)

BigSlick

Unit 3000-21 is warming.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, Dan and Atom. This one has "Trap" written all over it.
And I read on ESPN that Payton gave the guys today off. What was he thinking? I hope this doesn't turn out like the Ravens game. Too much time off, not enough preparation.
I read that same article, and I have no idea why you would give the players an extra day off. I'm guessing this might be the last opportunity for a while, as the divisional races start to shake out. Then again, the waterpark outing during TC didn't seem to hurt, so I'll give Coach Payton the benefit of the doubt. :)

I've been dreading the PIT game (multiple workplace bets w/ Steelers fans), and the day off thing isn't helping any. Thanks a lot, Jamar Nesbit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Steelers vs. Giants: Monday Night Football open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Eeyore Steelers at Giants 09/14/20 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 39
No fans in Superdome for Week 3 vs. Packers, but Saints 'hopeful' to have fans for Chargers game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
CSC Podcast: Saints @ Raiders Game Preview Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Kicking game quality is ace in the hole for Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas injury: Here's what Saints did on 13 snaps without star WR in Buccaneers game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Bill N/S ***Burrow's Bengals vs Mayfield's Browns Game Thread*** Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 299
Billgluckman That little trick play at the end of the game.. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 35
gummbo70114 Rewatch Tampa versus Saints game on NFL network at 7 PM central time Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 15
Gentilly504 Over or Under(ratings)for Saints Monday Night Game? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 5
Will we see an increased emphasis on the run game? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
Saints keeping it (under) 100... Everything you need to know about the defense's 44-game streak Saints RSS News Feeds 1
Dan in Lafayette Game analysis with T-Bob Hebert & Nick Underhill Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
kansast Game with New Orleans Radio broadcast Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
Watching/Reading the recaps from the first game, I'm not sure the Saints were even there. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 14
3 Takeaways from the New Orleans Saints vs Tampa Bay Bucs game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, September 15: More takeaways from Saints week 1 game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints-Bucs draws high ratings for opening week game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus The Eerie Silence of an N.F.L. Stadium Makes the Game Even More for TV SR News Page Articles 0
Saint Kamara SNF ratings for huge Cowboys/Rams game has to ring the alarm bells for the NFL Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 184
Michael Thomas suffers high-ankle injury at the end of Saints vs Bucs game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Nightshade Retired Saints FB Zach Line still dressing out for game days -- from his couch Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 20
superchuck500 Morstead turns in another brilliant game Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 9
Andrus Saints defense & special teams keep offense in the game to beat Bucs 34–23 SR News Page Articles 0
CowtownSaint This is Still a Game of Emotion Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3
Saint Kamara The pre-2017 Drew Brees has a 3 interception game on days like today Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 18
Big opening win still isn’t what a Saints game in the Dome is supposed to be Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Super44 Trey Hendrickson; outstanding game. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 37
Andrus Saints stand for National Anthem during first home game SR News Page Articles 0
Good thing we play our next game on a Monday Night Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 21
Payton: “That was as bad of a game as I’ve had as a playcaller.” Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 102
Saint Kamara And that's what the first preseason game looks like Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 7
Saints 17 Buccaneers 7: 2nd half game thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
N/S 4th and inches, game on the line... Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 13
Saints vs Buccaneers game inactives Saints RSS News Feeds 1
Krodwhodat What game are you looking forward to today other than the Saints? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 21
Bill Analysis ***Official Buccaneers @ Saints Game Day Thread*** Gameday Board 2165
Dan in Lafayette Tailgate Official Saints vs. Bucs Pre-Game Thread Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 128
Need help watching game! Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 31
woohoosaint Predict the outcome of the Saints vs Bucs game Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 33
woohoosaint Anybody else getting the night before the opening game jitters?! Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 15
Andrus Saints Promote 2 From Practice Squad for Buccaneers Game SR News Page Articles 0
Saints add Bennie Fowler and Margus Hunt to game day roster Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Buccaneers elevate two for Sunday’s game at New Orleans Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Payton seamed to be caught off guard by no fans for game 3 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3
Walker: Leonard Fournette gets long-awaited game in Superdome Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints not cleared to host fans for Sept. 27 game vs. Packers SR News Page Articles 0
Saints vs. Buccaneers: Game Time, TV, Radio, Online Streaming, Mobile, and Odds Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Bruce Arians: Mike Evans probably will be a game-time decision Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Cantrell no fans for entire September including GB game Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 141