The Timing for the Steelers Game Couldn't be Worse (1 Viewer)

I have the same feeling, but don't you think Payton and the team know this as well ?

Its going to be a very tough game - don't let the Steelers past record this season fool anybody. We can only hope that Payton has something up his sleeve and our team come out fighting.

Right there with ya, Slick. I agree that this might be the last time they can take time off the rest of the way. And I am trusting the coach's choices, he has stumbled once (Bye week practice schedule), but he admitted it and hopefully learned from it.

On a side note of importance,
A big plus and props go to Reggie for showing up on Monday to go through the film and I bet he's at it again today. I love this kid's work ethic and his humility. He's going to be one of the greats. Though some people choose not to see it right now.

I saw the steelers' game on sunday and they lost because of all the turnovers on the red zone. If not they should have beaten Denver.

To give the ball away so many times is more the exception then the rule. We should have learned that from the Baltimore's game.

I expect a very tough time for us next sunday, specially since we are playing bad in our running game. We can and should attack the steeler's secondary. Not forget our running game but attack with the long ball often.

On defense, it is all about the pressure against the steelers. If you keep Parker on hold, you keep the steeler's offense quiet.

Wait, wasn't the Bucs game a "trap" game? Exactly how many games of ours are considered "trap" games? As a Saints fan, I guess I inherently consider ever game a "trap."

I see a lot of trouble on the horizon in Pittsburgh this weekend.

Every talking head that deems themselves and NFL pundit has placed a tombstone atop the Pittsburgh Steelers' season. It appears to be unanimous. Chris "Done Deal" Mortenson has sent flowers. Pete Prisco declares, "The Pittsburgh Steelers have something in common with Saddam Hussein -- they both got death sentences Sunday; Hussein by hanging, the Steelers by Super Bowl hangover." OUCH!

The Steelers are a very prideful team and "will not go quietly into that goodnight". We are going to be in for a heckuva (couldn't resist) game this weekend. Maybe it is just my long history with the Saints that makes me worry so much every week.

Maybe we should just not even make the freakin trip...its pretty obvious that we have no chance of winning.

Would you feel better if the Steelers were 6-2 and the Saints were 2-6? Would we have a chance then? Every game is going to be a war the rest of the year...it sure as hell dont matter who the opponent is.

The timing has nothing to do with it. In fact it would be alot worse had we played them earlier in the season (like when Atlanta did). The Steelers are better than most teams in the league, but they turn the ball over too much. We are not good at getting teams to turn the ball over. Therefore this game is going to be tough.

Wait, wasn't the Bucs game a "trap" game? Exactly how many games of ours are considered "trap" games? As a Saints fan, I guess I inherently consider ever game a "trap."

No, Baltimore was a "trap" game. We were coming off a nice win streak and a big win and had a good chance of losing focus during the bye week and reading press clippings. Not to mention an opponent that had been unimpressive and losing lately.

And sure enough we got "trapped".

I disagree that this is a trap game though. Pittsburgh has, despite losing, been playing well enough that the Saints won't overlook them, and the Saints still have an utter disaster of a game relatively fresh in their minds.

It'll be tough, because you're on the road vs the defending Super Bowl Champs, but it's not a "trap" game in any classical definition of the word.

Maybe we should just not even make the freakin trip...its pretty obvious that we have no chance of winning.

Would you feel better if the Steelers were 6-2 and the Saints were 2-6? Would we have a chance then? Every game is going to be a war the rest of the year...it sure as hell dont matter who the opponent is.

Lighten up, Francis. Read what I wrote. Jeez Louise.

Oh and, at some point, doesn't Pittsburgh just become their record? Yes they move the ball well through the air but their defense has been just gutted for a few games now, their run game isn't anything like it was last year, and Ben Roethlisberger is making bad decisions.

They're a dangerous team but guys, they're just bad. They are their record.

Yes this will be tough. If we come out of the traps early i think we will take them. They have made a lot of mistakes this season. I saw them play Jacksonville & they were dire, scored nothing. Rothlisberger is under scrutiny & i dont think he is remotely anywhere near he was last season. He has thrown interceptions away like sweets this season. Get him & get him early & we can stall the Pittsburgh passing game & the rest will fall too. Look what Atlanta did to them so i cant see why we cant also. I know its away from home but the pressure is on them & they know it. Could be a trap could be a lot easier than you think. One of the more interesting games this weekend.................

Thanks Shrike, I was about to correct my post to Monday off instead of today.

and Yes every game seems like a 'Trap' these days when the team is doing so well.
Old habits die hard, I guess.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom