Time to give Haener a shot (6 Viewers)

They were still blitzing him like crazy

They were still blitzing. Rattler threw a pick 6 in garbage time.

Quick release beats the blitz. Haener had a fresh arm with no game planning for him. There was no clear winner between him and Rattler in preseason. I guarantee you he will look average or worse when the Chargers get a chance to plan for him.

I've heard a lot of people say over and over how Rattler has just as much experience in the new system as Haener, so there was no reason not to start Rattler over Haener. Those same people said that Haener having a year of experience in the NFL didn't give him more experience than Rattler, because he's never started a game.

Now I'm hearing a whole lot of those same people saying how Haener should start over Rattler, because Rattler is struggling only because he doesn't have as much experience as Haener.

Rattler has started in 2 NFL games now. Haener hasn't started in any.

A lot of people are consistently inconsistent because of their biases.

Its unfair to ask a rookie QB to learn with this support group around him. When they announced Rattler as the starter, I figured it was because he could buy time with his legs. It's not working, he's getting killed. Not counting QB, we have Olave, Shaheed, Taysom, Ruiz and McCoy out. Now we're down some backups who were forced in to the startling lineup as well. It's just an impossible task.
SR running ability was the only reason I thought he got the start over JH. But his decision making is not as good as JH's SR seems to take too long to decide where the ball is going. And he's too quick to flush out of the pocket when there IS a pocket. I do like SR and maybe he can learn but like I've been saying arm strength is not the do all say all. Jake's anticipation is way ahead of SR

I've heard a lot of people say over and over how Rattler has just as much experience in the new system as Haener, so there was no reason not to start Rattler over Haener. Those same people said that Haener having a year of experience in the NFL didn't give him more experience than Rattler, because he's never started a game.

Now I'm hearing a whole lot of those same people saying how Haener should start over Rattler, because Rattler is struggling only because he doesn't have as much experience as Haener.

Yea, its probably not the same people. Just generalization.

No … You stick with the QB you said you wouldn’t pull. Rattler didn’t play a bad game. Facing a top defense with 4th stringers who repeatedly drop balls and refuse to block isn’t a barometer on where he is.

More organizations have failed young qbs than young qbs have failed organizations.

He improved from last week , he hit who was open and made plays with his legs.

No egregious mistakes , he was his as he was throwing several times which has 0 to do with him.

He was driving us down the field when he got hurt , Haener comes in in garage time with DA calling timeouts for a game we losing by more than 30 in and throws a short pass with none of the pressure Spencer was under and y’all think he did something 😂😂😂

SR running ability was the only reason I thought he got the start over JH. But his decision making is not as good as JH's SR seems to take too long to decide where the ball is going. And he's too quick to flush out of the pocket when there IS a pocket. I do like SR and maybe he can learn but like I've been saying arm strength is not the do all say all. Jake's anticipation is way ahead of SR
Show me on film where that’s true , cause Spencer was throwing dimes to bub means before bub even broke for his cut. People just say anything.

They both have the same experience in THIS system, BUT Jake has been around NFL caliber players , he's seen the speed and how quick NFL defensive players are. SR has not.
SR has relied on his arm strength and legs throughout his college days . JH relied on his anticipation and accuracy and knowing where to go with the ball.
The knock on SR and most likely why he lasted till the 5th rd is he makes bad decisions. One of JH strengths is decision making
Even with SR's stronger arm and running ability JH gives us a better chance to win right now. Maybe with time and lot's of coaching SR can develop

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom