Time to give Haener a shot (7 Viewers)

Let's face it. Rattler simply is too green right now for the hand he's being dealt. He's hesitating on decisions and he doesn't have time for that as he's running for his life behind a decimated offensive line.
This is all things I said before they played him. But noooo, our fans continue to gaslight. Rattler should have never seen the field. Now that we have destroyed his confidence you want to sit him down and put in Haener for more of the same. You're not going to win if Patrick Mahomes was the quarterback, the team has given up on the coach. Even Richard Sherman saw it.

The best thing is for Rattler to continue to ride it out tbh. He won't be starting again for a long time after we draft another Quarterback in next year's draft.

Nah. Rattler is the future. He has played very well considering the situation. If anything, Haener should have got the first shot at playing. He was the backup coming out of camp. Another situation this staff got wrong.

Rattler looks to have a better toolbox to work for the long-term plan for a number one.

But Haener's most appealling strength is his ability to learn the playbook, read and diagnose. With the Broncos selling out to stop a TD at all costs, it served him well last night. His arm is decent. I like having both of these guys and we're getting a taste of both of them, unfortunately under desperate, injury-riddled circumstances.

Sadly both are right around the 6 foot height range, but they seem to be good enough to overcome that. It's just not ideal and hampers both.

I think you stick with Rattler. Carr should regain his starting position when healthy. I hope they don't rush him back too soon.

I also don't think these rough circumstances are ruining either of these young guns. They both seem to welcome the challenge. We can build around both.

Last edited:
Haener was getting ball to the open receiver quick. I want to see what he can do next week.
Because that is what he is comfortable with. He played in primarily a single read system in college from what I understand. In garbage time against a defense that was sprinkled with backups, it was easy to hit the first read. It will be a lot tougher on him when he has to go through progressions. I don't have a problem giving him the next game to have a shot, but I cannot see he or Rattler having any success with this group of characters that the team has to play.

QB is irrelevant at this point. Worst OL and WR/TE corps in NFL with the injuries and it wasn't good before the injuries.

No one will succeed with zero talent around them.

Jake is a better backup than Rattler. He came in cold and played well. Smart, good attitude, throws a nice, catchable ball.

But I like Jake, so maybe continue starting Rattler and just put Jake in when he gets hurt.

Because that is what he is comfortable with. He played in primarily a single read system in college from what I understand. In garbage time against a defense that was sprinkled with backups, it was easy to hit the first read. It will be a lot tougher on him when he has to go through progressions. I don't have a problem giving him the next game to have a shot, but I cannot see he or Rattler having any success with this group of characters that the team has to play.

Which backups were in for the Haener series that weren't in for the Rattler pick/fumble?

If that line about the two backups being QB2a & QB2b was correct and still stood to any appreciable degree just a couple weeks ago, then I think you owe it to Haener to give him the next start to see if he can put some separation there after Rattler just had a couple opportunities to do so. If, however, they made a rather clear decision that Rattler was a better option for the future when they named him the starter for the Bucs game, then go ahead and keep giving him more seasoning if you want.

Don't kid yourself , Payton wanted to keep us out of the EZ. Joseph was still blitzing Jake. Far from garbage time
It was definitely the textbook definition of garbage time. But still, Haener has a quick release and made fast decisions. That td throw was a thing of beauty.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom