To the Sky is Falling Fire everyone folks (34 Viewers)

I remember all of the doom and gloom when we were 0-2 in 2017 after going 7-9 three years in a row. If we get a chance to put the early September talent back on the field at the same time this season, I think we will surprise some folks. On the other hand, if Payton comes in here and wipes the floor with us, the locker room might be lost. Thursday game is pivotal.

people really look at last season as proof that DA is this defensive genius. we had the weakest schedule in NFL history and iirc we only notched a W against one team above 500. are there issues with management? massive ones that also need to be addressed. but i truly cannot understand how anyone can look at this team and say DA is doing a satisfactory job. this is just not a well coached football team and from the reports that came out at the end of last season it sounds like the players for the most part aren't listening. they're late or absent from meetings, not keeping up with the playbook. some of that was likely on pete but the bucks gotta stop somewhere.

NFL coaches who have coached at least 75 games with the lowest career win percentage.

1. Joe Bugel - .300
2. Marion Campbell - .300
3. John McCaky - .335
4. Romeo Crennel - .337
5. Dennis Allen - . 342

So he's a top 5 All Time Worst coach for guys who were given multiple years.

If you just go all time, including one and done, he's 18th worse.

By the end of this season, he'll vault up the stinker board.

He's an All Time Terrible head coach. Not bad, like historically, awful.

I remember all of the doom and gloom when we were 0-2 in 2017 after going 7-9 three years in a row. If we get a chance to put the early September talent back on the field at the same time this season, I think we will surprise some folks. On the other hand, if Payton comes in here and wipes the floor with us, the locker room might be lost. Thursday game is pivotal.
It is pivotal in a moral sense. Yesterday's loss was devastating for any chance to get a foothold in our division and in the NFC in general.

We have an offense that relies on the running game. The running game compliments the defense. The rookie QB was starting and we couldn’t run the ball.

What coach after you fire DA is going to be able to scheme up how to block Vita Vea with a 4th string center and backups on the entire interior OL? Explain this magic trick to me?

Did DA go out and wipe everyone’s memory on how to tackle? That’s pretty impressive if so.

I bet if someone else that hadn’t had an extremely good defense here for the last 7 years came in, we would’ve had a good defense yesterday. That’s logical.

Everything is DAs fault and it’s all on DA. Wow….that’s some lazy thinking.

Roll your eyes. **insert a cliche about how it all starts and stops at the head coach here**.

Everyone on the board knew we were thin at the OL position coming into the season. That we were thin at WR. The FO did not do enough to address it in the offseason.

They are an extremely competent front office. I think we ar lucky to have them but they dropped the ball, not DA. DA is the only thing keeping us in these games right now. His defenses are absolutely the foundation of what’s making us even competitive.

How we didn’t address this is mind-blowing. Firing DA makes things worse. It spins this franchise into a rebuild. Those do not work. Exceptions aren’t rules.

Blame needs to be pointed in the right direction and you guys need to chill the heck out. Schedule will get easier and McCoy and company will be back soon. Chill.
Da may not have wiped everyone memories on how to tackle but he is accountable for holding them accountable. Clearly there is no penalty for continued poor play. Winning teams and organizations don’t allow that on a continuous basis. Payton didn’t allow that when he was here either which is why we won games for a decade around here.

We are stuck with a subpar make shift offensive line because clearly we didn’t evaluate our back up talent well enough which also goes to HC, GM evaluating the free agents.

We thin and lack talent at receiver ? Yep sure do. Why? Because HC chose not to invest in a QUALITY third receiving option and went bargain shopping at Salvation Army for Cedric Wilson. Well what we have to show for it? Nothing. Wilson done squat. Our rookie did more yesterday than he did all season so far. They had guys like Tyler Boyd and others out there but our HC passes. Now we scrambling trying to trade future picks to get Davante Adamas. Sorry but ALL THOSE THINGS FALL ON HC in one way or another.

2 games of data sureeeee tells the story.

Now do the first 4 games of JUST this season.

Going into yesterday had given up what, 6 defensive TDs in 5 games?

Give me a break. You hate him and anything that slightly confirms it for you, you will eat it alive.
You are what your record says you are. Now look at Allen's career head coaching record and get back to me.

2 games of data sureeeee tells the story.

Now do the first 4 games of JUST this season.

Going into yesterday had given up what, 6 defensive TDs in 5 games?

Give me a break. You hate him and anything that slightly confirms it for you, you will eat it alive.
Unfortunately, your explanation is more than will fit into the record book's W - L - T columns. It's also a bit more than is used to determine who makes it to the post season. Good team leadership knows this which is why they're tasked with doing what it takes to fill up that W column. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Some of what you’re saying is certainly true, and I will always appreciate reason and optimism, because even in better times, I’ve seen that run low on this board, but Allen is in year three and the team is plagued by the same things; rampant injuries, not closing games, stringing losses together. Unfortunately, there’s nothing in his coaching resume that suggests he can coach his way out of this hole the team is in.

Last year I could find some hope in the team improving w/l from the previous season, Allen compiling his first winning record, and the appearance that the team was putting key pieces in place on the roster and possibly heading in the right direction.

And here we are…

I don’t harbor any ill will towards Allen - nobody wanted this to be successful more than him - but it’s just not working.

Right. Two things can be true at the same time. No coach is going to be able to win consistently with the injuries this team has while playing 3 games in 10 days and Dennis Allen isn't a good head coach.

He's had 3 years to get the players, depth, and coaches he needs to win consistently and the same things keep happening game after game and year after year. At some point you've changed everything but the head coach and it's time to move on. We are at that point now.

I wish DA well in the future, and it's not all his fault due to faulty player evaluation, but a lot of it is his fault and he participated in those personnel decisions and got/kept the players he wanted. If there is no depth on the team it's because he didn't prioritize it, didn't choose the right guys, and/or because he failed to develop the players they have as depth.

If this continues with another coach, it's time to look at Loomis and the rest of the front office. And frankly, I wouldn't have a problem with that now and would prefer that Loomis move up to some sort of executive VP role while someone else takes over as the GM and revamps the college and pro scouting departments. But, I can see some reasons for giving Loomis and the rest of the office one more chance to select a coach and build a team for them given that Loomis did pick Payton and build a team for him.

It is pivotal in a moral sense. Yesterday's loss was devastating for any chance to get a foothold in our division and in the NFC in general.
Agree. But we get the Falcons and Bucs each one more time. Win those two and we are the front runner, as ridiculous as that sounds.

Just FYI for everyone using game data to make points.. weeks 1 ans 2 of the nfl season are all slanted to the defenses because it's still "preseason" for most franchises.
Which is exactly what I was afraid of. With the shortened preseason and player safety rules in place, you cannot determine what a team is until a few games into the regular season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom