To the Sky is Falling Fire everyone folks (37 Viewers)

So if we had lost to both Dallas and Carolina, would the sky be falling?

Imagine how bad it be here.

If we lost to both Dallas and Caronlina too, we'd be sitting here talking about whether Rizzi can right the ship as the interim head coach and can he keep the job long term.

We have an offense that relies on the running game. The running game compliments the defense. The rookie QB was starting and we couldn’t run the ball.

What coach after you fire DA is going to be able to scheme up how to block Vita Vea with a 4th string center and backups on the entire interior OL? Explain this magic trick to me?

Did DA go out and wipe everyone’s memory on how to tackle? That’s pretty impressive if so.

I bet if someone else that hadn’t had an extremely good defense here for the last 7 years came in, we would’ve had a good defense yesterday. That’s logical.

Everything is DAs fault and it’s all on DA. Wow….that’s some lazy thinking.

Roll your eyes. **insert a cliche about how it all starts and stops at the head coach here**.

Everyone on the board knew we were thin at the OL position coming into the season. That we were thin at WR. The FO did not do enough to address it in the offseason.

They are an extremely competent front office. I think we ar lucky to have them but they dropped the ball, not DA. DA is the only thing keeping us in these games right now. His defenses are absolutely the foundation of what’s making us even competitive.

How we didn’t address this is mind-blowing. Firing DA makes things worse. It spins this franchise into a rebuild. Those do not work. Exceptions aren’t rules.

Blame needs to be pointed in the right direction and you guys need to chill the heck out. Schedule will get easier and McCoy and company will be back soon. Chill.
MR Dennis Allen sir is that you? We gladly accept your opinion on this board. Freedom of speech right

Getting torched for 594 yards is not because of the lack of running game.
It kind of is, though, when you remember how this team wants to operate offensively.

Tampa Bay can’t gain yards if they don’t have the ball.

The Saints had seven second-half possessions yesterday - none of them lasted even three game minutes. The high-water mark was the opening drive of the second half, a 7-play, 35-yard drive that took 2:41 and ended with 15 of those yards being surrendered by a face mask call against the center prior to a punt.

From “protecting a small lead” to “this game is out of reach,” the offense had no answers after halftime. More of the yards TB gained should have been the Saints’ yards.

TB’s second-half drives, in yards: 92, 71, 64, 58, 6, 5. The 6-yard drive was answered by the Saints posting -3 yards, and the 5-yard drive was answered by throwing an interception after gaining 11 yards on 2 plays.

Even when the defense got stops, the offense did nothing.

We have an offense that relies on the running game. The running game compliments the defense. The rookie QB was starting and we couldn’t run the ball.

What coach after you fire DA is going to be able to scheme up how to block Vita Vea with a 4th string center and backups on the entire interior OL? Explain this magic trick to me?

Did DA go out and wipe everyone’s memory on how to tackle? That’s pretty impressive if so.

I bet if someone else that hadn’t had an extremely good defense here for the last 7 years came in, we would’ve had a good defense yesterday. That’s logical.

Roll your eyes. **insert a cliche about how it all starts and stops at the head coach here**.

Everyone on the board knew we were thin at the OL position coming into the season. That we were thin at WR. The FO did not do enough to address it in the offseason.

They are an extremely competent front office. I think we ar lucky to have them but they dropped the ball, not DA. DA is the only thing keeping us in these games right now. His defenses are absolutely the foundation of what’s making us even competitive.

How we didn’t address this is mind-blowing. Firing DA makes things worse. It spins this franchise into a rebuild. Those do not work. Exceptions aren’t rules.

Blame needs to be pointed in the right direction and you guys need to chill the heck out. Schedule will get easier and McCoy and company will be back soon. Chill.
I guess u have an excuse for every other loss that has come with this coach as well, eh?

I appreciate the post. This is an all-time buy low sell high take. Can you imagine the amount of crow everyone would have to eat if Allen turned this franchise around and took us to the promise land. We would all basically have to kiss latechsaint's ring from here to eternity.

Oh and the part earlier where I said can you imagine..

that sentence is absolutely the funniest thing i've ever said on this SR.

We’ve lost 4 straight. How is that not the football version of the sky falling?

Let me try to help with this. Another voice/presence CAN elevate the play of the players. I can’t tell you how many bosses I’ve had, where the crew hated them, couldn’t care less what they had to say, or didn’t even care to look their way. No matter how profitable the company was doing, the morale was low, which consumes the very fiber of everyone’s being. Once those managers were replaced. Morale was lifted, production got better, and even more profits rolled in. Now granted this may not be the best comparison but it still falls within the same lines.
This team is talented, even our backups bc they still make plays here and there. We still somehow can win these games despite injuries. We have great leaders on the team and they are very professional. They have not and will not quit, but i honestly believe that they don’t believe that the HC can figure out solutions in game or even after the game. It’s like they are just playing for fans and pride.
Overall they haven't quit or so it seems but the second half of yesterday's game was the closest I have seen a Saint team quit. Kamara should have just had a sign that said Get me the Hell out of here! because that's the way he played. I would get tired of getting ran into the teeth of the defense over and over again with the same result which was nothing.

The defense could not even be bothered with tackling. That is the way it appeared to me. Maybe they were exhausted or had some other reason but they folded like a house of cards in the second half. The only thing I can think of is the team felt like the coaches let them down and they had a feeling like if they don't care neither do I. I would hope that isn't the case but these guys are human.

Pretty disappointed in the coaching and overall demeanor of the team in that second half because they fought so hard in the first half. Oh well on to Thursday 😞 😂

The wins in Week 1 and Week 2 came against Carolina and Dallas, both of whom are sporting defenses almost as bad as ours. Dallas just got blown out AGAIN at HOME - I thought that was a statement win but it turns out Dallas is just bad.

Our hot start was a mirage, and we've regressed back to the mean for DA coached teams - sloppy mistakes, inexplicable breakdowns in pass coverage, inconsistent effort.

At this point, it's just a matter of when they pull the trigger. I suspect the weekly reports the front office gets from SeatGeek on season tickets being sold for peanuts is probably getting some interest.

During the first season with DA as head coach, Kamara said the fear is gone when we make a mistake.

This sums up the last 2.5 seasons and explains the sloppy and undisciplined play.

The main issue is that the problems are the same each year. Players and coordinators change, but the team takes on the persona of the head coach and looks exactly the same. This disarray is the same as we saw when Dalton was QB, and the same as last year. I don't see any difference at all.

I'm on the DA train now. Kubiak seems to be the complement he needs. Some of our game management is a bit off but our offense no longer feels blockheaded & predictable (it never should have been w/AK, Olave, and TH).

This team is underperforming in terms of record but the level of play on the field is proportional to the talent. We're thin and/or old at several position groups. We have unique and powerful skill players but no bruisers to balance them out.

That theme unfortunately seems to have carried over to the defense as well--where offenses now understand it's easier to move through us rather outmaneuver us. This is the natural ebb and flow of football and I expect the team to adapt.

I'm on the DA train now. Kubiak seems to be the complement he needs. Some of our game management is a bit off but our offense no longer feels blockheaded & predictable (it never should have been w/AK, Olave, and TH).

This team is underperforming in terms of record but the level of play on the field is proportional to the talent. We're thin and/or old at several position groups. We have unique and powerful skill players but no bruisers to balance them out.

That theme unfortunately seems to have carried over to the defense as well--where offenses now understand it's easier to move through us rather outmaneuver us. This is the natural ebb and flow of football and I expect the team to adapt.
1728997057055.gif

NFL coaches who have coached at least 75 games with the lowest career win percentage.

1. Joe Bugel - .300
2. Marion Campbell - .300
3. John McCaky - .335
4. Romeo Crennel - .337
5. Dennis Allen - . 342

So he's a top 5 All Time Worst coach for guys who were given multiple years.

If you just go all time, including one and done, he's 18th worse.

By the end of this season, he'll vault up the stinker board.

He's an All Time Terrible head coach. Not bad, like historically, awful.
Anyone using the raiders numbers to justify this issue has already made up their mind a long time ago. It was a different franchise a decade ago with Terrell Pryor at QB. Zero to do with current situation.
Who’s your magic person that can block Vita Vea with a 4th string center and Landon Young? Were they available?

Anyone using the raiders numbers to justify this issue has already made up their mind a long time ago. It was a different franchise a decade ago with Terrell Pryor at QB. Zero to do with current situation.

Who’s your magic person that can block Vita Vea with a 4th string center and Landon Young? Were they available?
Yeah, were we using a 4th string center last year or the year before? Our issues don’t span over the course of a quarter of a season. We beat bad teams and that’s it. That’s our formula for the past 2.25 years. Once you realize that, then and only then, you will be free.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom