To the Sky is Falling Fire everyone folks (34 Viewers)

Anyone using the raiders numbers to justify this issue has already made up their mind a long time ago. It was a different franchise a decade ago with Terrell Pryor at QB. Zero to do with current situation.

Who’s your magic person that can block Vita Vea with a 4th string center and Landon Young? Were they available?
Poor Dennis. He just has bad luck.

We have an offense that relies on the running game. The running game compliments the defense. The rookie QB was starting and we couldn’t run the ball.

What coach after you fire DA is going to be able to scheme up how to block Vita Vea with a 4th string center and backups on the entire interior OL? Explain this magic trick to me?

Did DA go out and wipe everyone’s memory on how to tackle? That’s pretty impressive if so.

I bet if someone else that hadn’t had an extremely good defense here for the last 7 years came in, we would’ve had a good defense yesterday. That’s logical.

Everything is DAs fault and it’s all on DA. Wow….that’s some lazy thinking.

Roll your eyes. **insert a cliche about how it all starts and stops at the head coach here**.

Everyone on the board knew we were thin at the OL position coming into the season. That we were thin at WR. The FO did not do enough to address it in the offseason.

They are an extremely competent front office. I think we ar lucky to have them but they dropped the ball, not DA. DA is the only thing keeping us in these games right now. His defenses are absolutely the foundation of what’s making us even competitive.

How we didn’t address this is mind-blowing. Firing DA makes things worse. It spins this franchise into a rebuild. Those do not work. Exceptions aren’t rules.

Blame needs to be pointed in the right direction and you guys need to chill the heck out. Schedule will get easier and McCoy and company will be back soon. Chill.
I agree with everything you wrote. But sometimes it's just not meant to be for someone in a certain position with a certain team. In other words, a change is sometimes needed for the sake of change.

Came out like gangbusters for the first two games and we all loved DA, those rash of injuries deflated us all, but we all know what the issue is and it's not all totally on DA.

Came out like gangbusters for the first two games and we all loved DA, those rash of injuries deflated us all, but we all know what the issue is and it's not all totally on DA.

The first two weeks were exciting and raised expectations but as it is, we beat a 1-5 Panthers team and a (once again) vastly overrated Cowboys team that just gave up 47 points to the Lions at home.

Injuries have derailed this team but that’s an old and recurring storyline by now.

It's not totally his fault. But he's had three years to fix the problems and he hasn't done it. The same mistakes continue to happen. Maybe he's not totally the problem, but he's certainly not part of the solution. If this was year one or even year two maybe he gets a pass with this many injuries. But not in year three when the team is regressing.

Dennis Allen is a proven loser. It is why his teams can get 3 INT's, return a punt for a TD and still lose by 20+ points. It is why the Saints can still lose games without allowing a TD on defense. It is why the Saints can have all these great metrics but still have a losing record. Pete Werner might be a nice player but he's not the heart and soul of that defense, the glue that holds it together and the defense has been pretty healthy all year. This defense for years has struggled vs tight ends, crossing routes and struggles against stopping the run. This defense cannot close games out in crunch time either. All of these things have been consistent under Dennis Allen. The metrics don't lie, he is one of the worst head coaches to ever exist in the NFL. His teams lack attention to detail, focus, and discipline all across the board.

In any other organization with a real owner, he would have got 1.5 seasons MAX as the head coach. He consistently finds ways to lose games.

It's not totally his fault. But he's had three years to fix the problems and he hasn't done it. The same mistakes continue to happen. Maybe he's not totally the problem, but he's certainly not part of the solution. If this was year one or even year two maybe he gets a pass with this many injuries. But not in year three when the team is regressing.

I was more supportive of the Allen hiring than I think a lot of fans were, in part because I don’t believe this was an attractive job opening at the time. Cap problems, no established QB, very weak QB draft class.

Doug Pederson was a popular candidate on SaintsReport but he’s flaming out with the Jaguars in what was arguably a much better situation to hit the ground running. I liked McDaniel but I don’t think he would have had any serious interest in coming here. Daboll has been meh. Eberflus was making a strong case to be fired until they landed Williams, but there’s still a lot of season left. O’Connell is doing well in Minnesota but I don’t remember what opinions were of him and any interest between parties.

Allen showed improvement from his Raiders stint in season 1 (low bar), and then coached his first winning season in year 2, so at least there were signs of improvement. Maybe he does enough to get the rest of this season but I don’t think that’s a certainty, at all. With candidates like Rizzi and Kubiak in house, the front office might want to shake things up to evaluate what they have before season’s end. Two more losses and this team is all but sunk. They could hit that mark by the end of this month.

We have an offense that relies on the running game. The running game compliments the defense. The rookie QB was starting and we couldn’t run the ball.

What coach after you fire DA is going to be able to scheme up how to block Vita Vea with a 4th string center and backups on the entire interior OL? Explain this magic trick to me?

Did DA go out and wipe everyone’s memory on how to tackle? That’s pretty impressive if so.

I bet if someone else that hadn’t had an extremely good defense here for the last 7 years came in, we would’ve had a good defense yesterday. That’s logical.

Roll your eyes. **insert a cliche about how it all starts and stops at the head coach here**.

Everyone on the board knew we were thin at the OL position coming into the season. That we were thin at WR. The FO did not do enough to address it in the offseason.

They are an extremely competent front office. I think we ar lucky to have them but they dropped the ball, not DA. DA is the only thing keeping us in these games right now. His defenses are absolutely the foundation of what’s making us even competitive.

How we didn’t address this is mind-blowing. Firing DA makes things worse. It spins this franchise into a rebuild. Those do not work. Exceptions aren’t rules.

Blame needs to be pointed in the right direction and you guys need to chill the heck out. Schedule will get easier and McCoy and company will be back soon. Chill.
WHAT!

The whole thing was... everyone was expecting them to go ahead and get ahead of the cap situation and instead of doing that, they went all in to try and force open a window that was shut tight. The expectation was to take a couple seasons to reset the cap while plugging in major holes with bargain FA(like Winston) to stay competitive. We didn't. We maxed out the debt ceiling, and we are forced to fill out the whole depth chart with bargain FA.

all it amounts to is putting a new paint job on a house whose foundation has crumbled into a sink hole. We should have filled in the hole and laid a new foundation to salvage what was left of the house rather than waste money on paint. We can't overturn the roster due to cap circumstances. Everyone keeps listing out draft picks... but people are missing that we can't retain the draft picks we hit on, if we can't afford to retain our own hits we certainly can't afford to be purchasing more OLD players with high salaries.

During the first season with DA as head coach, Kamara said the fear is gone when we make a mistake.

This sums up the last 2.5 seasons and explains the sloppy and undisciplined play.

The main issue is that the problems are the same each year. Players and coordinators change, but the team takes on the persona of the head coach and looks exactly the same. This disarray is the same as we saw when Dalton was QB, and the same as last year. I don't see any difference at all.
As someone who hadnt gave DA a hard this is probably the most logical answer i've seen on SR in a long time. I dont personally think DA can do anything if Carr, Mccoy, Ruiz, Shaheed, Olave, Werner, Mathieu, Harris and Taysom Hill all out thats just the starters. Nor do I believe any coach can do anything with whats left with the roster BUT you are right sloppy and undisciplined play shouldnt be shown even in a loss

I believe we will win soon. Alot of games left.

The whole thing was... everyone was expecting them to go ahead and get ahead of the cap situation and instead of doing that, they went all in to try and force open a window that was shut tight. The expectation was to take a couple seasons to reset the cap while plugging in major holes with bargain FA(like Winston) to stay competitive. We didn't. We maxed out the debt ceiling, and we are forced to fill out the whole depth chart with bargain FA.

all it amounts to is putting a new paint job on a house whose foundation has crumbled into a sink hole. We should have filled in the hole and laid a new foundation to salvage what was left of the house rather than waste money on paint. We can't overturn the roster due to cap circumstances. Everyone keeps listing out draft picks... but people are missing that we can't retain the draft picks we hit on, if we can't afford to retain our own hits we certainly can't afford to be purchasing more OLD players with high salaries.

I think a lot of it comes down to Carr suddenly being available. DA and probably to some extent Loomis thought Carr was the solution. And while he's not the problem with this team and he is a solid QB making about what his rank among NFL QB is, he's also not a guy that can overcome all our issues and arguably he isn't worth the money over QBs that are a bit less talented than him.

We should have stayed the course with cheap QBs until we were in a position to draft a young QB. We might get lucky with Rattler, but we are a few years behind where we could have been.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom