To those insistent that we draft a "power back" or "bruiser" this year... (2 Viewers)

I think if he could put on some weight and muscle he could do it, but right now he's a change of pace back that is having to be the pace and change of pace guy..

I've pulled for him since he was signed as a UDFA. He has shown he has vision and cutback moves and doesn't go down easy and he moves the pile..

Other than that we do need a big bruiser back to keep the defense honest. Then we can be more balanced.
we can use PT and hell be fine how many times a game do teams really get in 3rd and short situations, not that many. we are set personnel wise in my opinion i say give stecker and pierre the ball out of the backfield(both better runners than bush) and give bush his dumpoffs and punt & kick return duties

im willing to bet that if PT avg's 15 carries and 5 receptions per game he puts up around 600 yards in these next 4 games.

Wow no fumbles ....that is a pure running back... who can protect the ball... the coaches just dont know what they have in P.T

I love PT... If he could put on about 10 pounds of muscle, we have our hammer.

The O-line is the real problem with our run game... Nicks is the only real road-grader type we have. Jamaal Brown doesn't move well enough and sustain blocks in the run game w/out blatant holding... Goodwin is medicre at best at Center, Jahri Evans is solid but pass-blocking is his strength, and Stinch has always been soft as a run-blocker.

JMO

We have to add Defense. Our defense is no where near playoff quality. Our problems or more Philosophy and poor defense. In that weather last weekend we had to be able to run the ball. The passing game is to risky in those conditions. WR can slip Drew also got outsmarted my Monty Kiffin as well. The good news is that Monty is going to be gone. I think we are a couple of players on Defense and a good D coordinator and a change in offensive philosophy(more balance) away from a super bowl run. But we have to have a Dominant Defense. I would rather be built like Tennessee than we are now.

We have to add Defense. Our defense is no where near playoff quality. Our problems or more Philosophy and poor defense. In that weather last weekend we had to be able to run the ball. The passing game is to risky in those conditions. WR can slip Drew also got outsmarted my Monty Kiffin as well. The good news is that Monty is going to be gone. I think we are a couple of players on Defense and a good D coordinator and a change in offensive philosophy(more balance) away from a super bowl run. But we have to have a Dominant Defense. I would rather be built like Tennessee than we are now.

Which is exactly why we need to spend the time and money in the offseason and draft on defense and not another RB.

Which is exactly why we need to spend the time and money in the offseason and draft on defense and not another RB.
i agree but Passton will want more toys on O .. i wouldnt be suprised if we just scrap the oline an line up 10 recievers ... "Passton Attacks"

I love PT... If he could put on about 10 pounds of muscle, we have our hammer.

The O-line is the real problem with our run game... Nicks is the only real road-grader type we have. Jamaal Brown doesn't move well enough and sustain blocks in the run game w/out blatant holding... Goodwin is medicre at best at Center, Jahri Evans is solid but pass-blocking is his strength, and Stinch has always been soft as a run-blocker.

JMO

I agree... it absolutely sickens me to watch a team with a great run blocking line because they show holes that we never see. You can send 2-3 RBs through there at the same time untouched.

Lets take a look at each back's production this year.

Carries
Thomas 78
Bush 90

Receptions
Thomas 20
Bush 47

YPC
Thomas 4.6
Bush 3.3

YPR
Thomas 9.6
Bush 8.5

TDs
Thomas 9
Bush 5

TDs per touch
Thomas 1TD every 10.9 touches
Bush 1TD every 27 touches

Long Run
Thomas 31
Bush 29

Long Reception
Thomas 24
Bush 42

Fumbles Lost
Thomas 0
Bush 2

PT has outperformed and outproduced Bush by LEAPS and BOUNDS this year. When you look at the numbers, it is not even close. The only thing Bush has done better than PT this year, other than the long reception, is his ability to get more opportunities from Coach Payton, If you took the name and the number off both of these guys jerseys' and went by their production the field, there is little doubt as to who you would think should be starting and getting the majority of the opportunities.

As Bill Parcells always said potentional is nothing, production is everything.

it makes no sense for the saints to invest more valuable $$$ in the RB position because payton does not value the run game like he should. to hear reggie come out and say he was surprised that we didn't run the ball more is an eye opener for me.
a big name back like jacobs is out of the question, we have #2 overall money tied to reggie. jacobs will demand a HUGE deal on the open mkt, even though i don't think the gmen will let him get to FA. with our lack of flexibility with draft picks (1,4,4,7) look for the saints to go after a young FA back in the offseason. look for a FA spending offseason for the saints unless they can some how move some players out via trade.

it makes no sense for the saints to invest more valuable $$$ in the RB position because payton does not value the run game like he should. to hear reggie come out and say he was surprised that we didn't run the ball more is an eye opener for me.
a big name back like jacobs is out of the question, we have #2 overall money tied to reggie. jacobs will demand a HUGE deal on the open mkt, even though i don't think the gmen will let him get to FA. with our lack of flexibility with draft picks (1,4,4,7) look for the saints to go after a young FA back in the offseason. look for a FA spending offseason for the saints unless they can some how move some players out via trade.

So do you think they wiil give up the idea of Bush being our every down RB ??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom