Too Much (1 Viewer)

Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. So far, nobody is willing to pay what's been asked.

I hear you but we're under no obligation to make the trade, certainly not this off-season. Could be a whole different set of teams to negotiate with in a years time.

We won 1 playoff game before him, remember? He's a good coach but the combination of money, draft picks, and team input may be too much for smart owners.
To add a little more to your point -

The Saints, as a franchise, have 10 postseason wins.

10 wins in 55 years.

Sean was at the helm for 9 of them.

90% of our franchises postseason wins were under Payton.

The Saints as a franchise prior to Payton had been to the postseason 5 times.

Payton took them to the playoffs 9 times.

He’s good. He’s very good.

I hear you but we're under no obligation to make the trade, certainly not this off-season. Could be a whole different set of teams to negotiate with in a years time.
Could be. Or he could sit out another year and we get nothing.

He is gonna be a Cardinal
He spent 7 hours with the Owner

We are likely getting the #3 pick as much as everyone tries to say no.

It's not what fans think he's worth it's Loomis saying he's worth more than a 1st. An Arizona saying we can give you just a first but it's the 3rd overall.

That will be the sell.

He is gonna be a Cardinal
He spent 7 hours with the Owner

We are likely getting the #3 pick as much as everyone tries to say no.

It's not what fans think he's worth it's Loomis saying he's worth more than a 1st. An Arizona saying we can give you just a first but it's the 3rd overall.

That will be the sell.
While I don't think we'll get the 3rd pick, it would be close to a respectable compensation w/o multiple picks. Maybe his positive comments about the family were not bs.

Since 2009, he has won 11+ games 7 times. And has gone 58-23 in his last 5 years as a head coach. .716.

72% wins over 5 years.

Meanwhile we have decided to keep a guy for his 5th year and he has won 28% for his career.
No question I'd take him back over the status quo.

Still question a few of his consistent bad habits that make the difference between a great regular season and not being able to advance to a championship, so if I was going to layout big bucks and high draft picks I would think that aspect through too.

Payton without Brees , is like coffee without sugar….. they. Ame together and it worked Payton Draft picks sucked most of the time , did Payton win that superbowl or did Greg Williams

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom