Training Camp QB competition thread [MERGED] (1 Viewer)

Sorry - That makes no sense to me. JW is not Drew Brees... He's not some Sure Fire - Day 1 Slam Dunk - All-Pro lock... That's been in this offense for years and doesn't need the 1st team reps to get acclimated to our players and scheme... Not at all.

All due respect to the guy on the inside... but If JW was already the starter... then he'd get all the 1st team reps - because he would sure as shirt need them.

A QB rooze for the GB Packers seems pretty far fetched given the circumstances (I.e. Season Opener is 18 days away) - JMO.
Hmm, I do not give bad info. Training camp ended yesterday, Sean waited till today to have Jameis announced as the starter. But for all intents and purposes that decision was made with 2:45 left in the first quarter when Jameis was pulled out of the game. He had not played the 22 snaps at that point that Sean had set as a target. He had seen enough and it confirmed what he had been seeing through TC, especially in the week leading up to the game. It is not a knock on Taysom who competed hard. But Jameis separated and in spite of some of the media coverage it was clear even outside of the two games.

Bingo. This is my sense as well. All you guys who are saying Taysom will just go back to the joker role aren't seeing what I am. I think he made up his mind he wants to be a QB and will have a hard time adjusting to his old role, both mentally and physically.

I think there is a potential attitude adjustment that will have to be made or he'll be traded. My 2 cents.

I couldn't care less about his facial expressions on the field or sidelines. I think it's pretty damn hard to judge a man by what his facial expressions do during the stress of competition.

This was the most likely outcome. Too many people were wrapping their pride in this. It’s why so many are reacting badly.

And as an aside, I know for a fact one former coworker is about to chew his own face off. And I am laughing at that.

Hmm, I do not give bad info. Training camp ended yesterday, Sean waited till today to have Jameis announced as the starter. But for all intents and purposes that decision was made with 2:45 left in the first quarter when Jameis was pulled out of the game. He had not played the 22 snaps at that point that Sean had set as a target. He had seen enough and it confirmed what he had been seeing through TC, especially in the week leading up to the game. It is not a knock on Taysom who competed hard. But Jameis separated and in spite of some of the media coverage it was clear even outside of the two games.

I think by that point he was just desperately holding on to hope, thinking his entire offseason's work would go up in flames. He keeps referencing those posts where he would put in a built-in disclaimer/out saying how fine he would be with Jameis winning the competition, but in reality he never saw that actually happening and didn't think it would ever be an issue.

It's gonna be a loooooooooooooooooooooong season.

I'm already having flashbacks to Brooks/Delhomme levels of discourse.

giphy.gif

😅😅😅😅😅

So bitter you can't even properly spell your insult. By the way, you might want to review the forum rules about name calling. A person who's been posting here 20 years should probably know that, but then again you were delusional enough to think Taysom was starting material.

I don't blame you one bit for calling him out. He has been illogically arrogant throughout this whole QB "competition" and now is still name calling....

I don't blame you one bit for calling him out. He has been illogically arrogant throughout this whole QB "competition" and now is still name calling....
We get to see if Jameis gets the same protection from criticism....just keep ya eyes open

We get to see if Jameis gets the same protection from criticism....just keep ya eyes open

I could see him struggling a little bit early on, shaking the rust off, he hasn't played much QB in 2 years during the regular season. I do expect him to get better as the season goes on, excited to see this offense....

This is a welcomed distraction from my real concern for southeast Louisiana. I hope everyone is safe and gets back to discussing stuff like this in a relaxed environment.
Hopefully, the hurricane doesn't slows down and strengthen. Stay safe!

Winston definitely won it, happy for him. Hope he can play lights out! I was somewhat disappointed in Taysom. He doesn't look like he's improved at all from last year and maybe even got worse. I thought he would come in much more sure of his reads and get the ball out. I wonder how he reacts to this and if they will use him in the same capacity as before, if so will he be okay with this. It has to be humbling.
It doesn't really matter if Hill is ok with it or not. He's making far too much bank to just ride the pine as a backup

My post from June 22... You can find this in almost every thread... If he Wins - Great! And he did... I didn't expect it - but I am totally Cool with it because he beat a talented player and Sean made the call on it.
LoL dude the "laughable fanboy stuff" is pretending that Hill is "super talented" @ PLAYING QB. Enough film over the last 4 yrs that shows & proves otherwise

To build on this...

Mike Triplett made a comment on Nick Underhill's podcast that makes a lot more sense in hindsight: Back when it seemed as if the QB competition was going back and forth, the reporters started looking back at their notes and realized that the QB who seemed to "win" most days was also the QB that was running with the first team. It wasn't a coincidence.

So all the posters saying that media were reporting that the QB competition was "close?" Technically, they're correct.

But as Nick said in his most recent podcast, in hindsight, there were a lot of things that indicated the competition wasn't quite as close as it seemed at the time.

So I guess everyone is right to some degree here. But the bottom line is that Jameis was better, and probably by a more significant margin than it seemed to people outside of the building (until that final game).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom