Training Camp QB competition thread [MERGED] (1 Viewer)

He has nothing to be ashamed of because he worked his tail off as an undrafted FA to making 20 mil for his family. If they can make a movie out of that walk-on at Notre Dame, they can make a movie about him. He even has a cult following on this board and he could get a job on local TV like Bobby after he retires.
Exactly, I was going to mention, he's not the kind of guy that goes after money and power/fame.
He should be proud of the way he has provided for his family.
He has a very bright future ahead in whatever he chooses, it may just not be in a QB role.

I followed Taysom here from BYU/GB. The Saints are the first NFL team I've ever followed.
Was a college ball guy.

I have to say, Taysom is done as far as a starter QB.
He was given all the means to pull it off and failed.
He is a running QB not a tosser and SP does not want him to run as he'll just end up injured and out again for another season like back at BYU.
At this time, he can only wait for JW to get injured, otherwise, he must return to the Swiss army role...and I'm OK with that.
He is a fantastic football player. I also think some of the whispers about his “attitude” playing into the delay in a QB decision are unfair.

If anything, it’s because he has such a great attitude that it makes it tough for Payton to break it to him. People seem to be taking one comment from Taysom from back when he was a RFA about being a QB somewhere and turning it into a referendum on his attitude.

Bottom line: Jameis is a better QB. Taysom is a ridiculously valuable weapon and I truly think we beat Tampa if we had him at 100% last year. We need him, now more than ever.

He is a fantastic football player. I also think some of the whispers about his “attitude” playing into the delay in a QB decision are unfair.

If anything, it’s because he has such a great attitude that it makes it tough for Payton to break it to him. People seem to be taking one comment from Taysom from back when he was a RFA about being a QB somewhere and turning it into a referendum on his attitude.

Bottom line: Jameis is a better QB. Taysom is a ridiculously valuable weapon and I truly think we beat Tampa if we had him at 100% last year. We need him, now more than ever.
It's part of this board's culture. If you are not on board with the team ship him out of here(insert whatever derogatory term here) quick (see MT this year and AK a couple of years ago. Some of us have been debating this topic for a couple of years because we knew Drew's retirement was imminent and now we want a brief moment of closure (the regular season is the real answer).

Yes, he is a respected member of this team but I feel like something else is going on. By all accounts, Taysom has been treated with respect and came into camp as QB1A. Payton said he was going to rotate the guys and he did that, even after Monday he was still apparently running with the 1s at Tuesday's practice. Does he have a fragile ego? Is Sean trying to keep his head in the game in case he needs to pull Jameis? What does the team (players) know that the public doesn't know?

Who cares if he has a fragile ego? He's a very important team member whether he's QB1 or crazy guy.

The reason Payton has been so successful is because of the way he handles his players -starts and scrubs.

YOu have to respect a coach who gives enough to get the most out of his players.

He has nothing to be ashamed of because he worked his tail off as an undrafted FA to making 20 mil for his family. If they can make a movie out of that walk-on at Notre Dame, they can make a movie about him. He even has a cult following on this board and he could get a job on local TV like Bobby after he retires.
He most certainly made something out of nothing. We probably might not see a player like Taysom again.

He most certainly made something out of nothing. We probably might not see a player like Taysom again.
As much as I don't think he's a starting QB in the NFL, his value as an all-around football player cannot be overstated. He's incredible at almost everything he does and he's got an infectious spark to him. Look at the Bucs game at Tampa in 2019. The team was completely flat until he flew through to block that punt. They came alive after that. I don't think there's many, if any players in the NFL who are truly as good as he is at multiple skill positions.

Yep. That's what I find really intriguing, is that if Sean gives the nod to Winston and we have success this season and they want to stick with him.. Taysom is a FA next off-season. Will he chase his dream of being a starting QB for another franchise? Because behind door B, if he sticks with us and plays his unique multi-position role for the rest of his career.. he can without a doubt carve out a very nice niche in NFL history for himself, all while making a pretty decent living. There hasn't been a player like him in NFL history, and there might not ever be. If he continues success in this role with us for the rest of his career, the NFL will always remember and reference him. But if he chases the starting quarterback opportunity and fizzles out, not so much.

Yep. That's what I find really intriguing, is that if Sean gives the nod to Winston and we have success this season and they want to stick with him.. Taysom is a FA next off-season. Will he chase his dream of being a starting QB for another franchise? Because behind door B, if he sticks with us and plays his unique multi-position role for the rest of his career.. he can without a doubt carve out a very nice niche in NFL history for himself, all while making a pretty decent living. There hasn't been a player like him in NFL history, and there might not ever be. If he continues success in this role with us for the rest of his career, the NFL will always remember and reference him. But if he chases the starting quarterback opportunity and fizzles out, not so much.
It's a tough spot for him because of his age and for all the great moments he had with us he's on the wrong side of 30 for a guy who relies heavily on his athletic abilities. We may be the best place for him but can he still play all those positions going forward?

It's a tough spot for him because of his age and for all the great moments he had with us he's on the wrong side of 30 for a guy who relies heavily on his athletic abilities. We may be the best place for him but can he still play all those positions going forward?

Probably so. He doesn't have a lot of tread on his tires, and even if we give him the same usage we have for the past couple of years, it still isn't a lot. You're right though, it's a tough spot for him. We'll see.

Unfortunately for you, your post history kinda paints a picture that you are.
Right ?? Only thing really missing is pom poms, from what I've seen.

Same guy who not that long ago said:

I am telling ya'll... we gonna have to start a whole new forum for The Emotional Support of Jameis Winston once Taysom kicks his arse in these pre season games... LMAO!

I can certainly understand why he's now a bit embarrassed and doing some backpedaling with that unconvincing "I just wanted the better QB to win the competition" shtick.

I followed Taysom here from BYU/GB. The Saints are the first NFL team I've ever followed.
Was a college ball guy.

I have to say, Taysom is done as far as a starter QB.
He was given all the means to pull it off and failed.
He is a running QB not a tosser and SP doesn't want him to run as he'll just end up injured and out again for another season like back at BYU.
At this time, he can only wait for JW to get injured, otherwise, he must return to the Swiss army role...and I'm OK with that.

His competition is one of the few human beings who have ever thrown for 5,000 yards in the NFL. There's no shame in losing out to someone who's done that.
It would be like me losing out on a spot with Team USA to Parker Bohn III.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom