Training Camp QB competition thread [MERGED] (2 Viewers)

Just heard on a certain 4-letter TV/radio network that Winston has been named the starter
tenor.png

Winston definitely won it, happy for him. Hope he can play lights out! I was somewhat disappointed in Taysom. He doesn't look like he's improved at all from last year and maybe even got worse. I thought he would come in much more sure of his reads and get the ball out. I wonder how he reacts to this and if they will use him in the same capacity as before, if so will he be okay with this. It has to be humbling.

Right ?? Only thing really missing is pom poms, from what I've seen.

Same guy who not that long ago said:

I can certainly understand why he's now a bit embarrassed and doing some backpedaling with that unconvincing "I just wanted the better QB to win the competition" shtick.

So he had a favorite. He had a strong opinion on who should be the QB. Okay. I was the first one to poke fun at him at times because he was so adamant. The fact that he's back and throwing his support behind Winston is what Who Dat Saints fandom should be about. I have strong opinions about Taysom's fumbling record, but when he's in the game I'm 100% behind him hoping he succeeds.

I'm glad he's big enough to come back and say, "I was wrong, Jameis grabbed the starting job, I didn't see that happening but he's the QB and I'm behind him" versus "this was a terrible decision and I can't wait for him to mess up".

As Saints fans, we're all entitled to have an opinion on the direction of the team. But when games start counting, I'd hope that everyone remembers that we had a fair QB competition and to cheer as loud as they can for the team New Orleans puts on the field.

Who Dat!!!

So he had a favorite. He had a strong opinion on who should be the QB. Okay. I was the first one to poke fun at him at times because he was so adamant. The fact that he's back and throwing his support behind Winston is what Who Dat Saints fandom should be about. I have strong opinions about Taysom's fumbling record, but when he's in the game I'm 100% behind him hoping he succeeds.

I'm glad he's big enough to come back and say, "I was wrong, Jameis grabbed the starting job, I didn't see that happening but he's the QB and I'm behind him" versus "this was a terrible decision and I can't wait for him to mess up".

As Saints fans, we're all entitled to have an opinion on the direction of the team. But when games start counting, I'd hope that everyone remembers that we had a fair QB competition and to cheer as loud as they can for the team New Orleans puts on the field.

Who Dat!!!

If you truly saw it as somebody being "big enough to admit" something, then that's great and I'm happy that you were able to take it at face value.

Because with me it landed more like a guy who was trying to save face somewhat, while whining over the fact that he was having his nose rubbed in his own **** a little bit (even though it probably could have been much worse for him, given how arrogant he was about his stance all offseason)..... while still clinging on to desperate hope by pointing out that nothing had been officially decided. Fortunately with this morning's news, that is now a non-issue. 👍👍.

^ doucebag

Geaux Jameis! Geaux Saints! Congrats on winning the job! Like I said since day One Saints fan 1st... Geaux get em!

So bitter you can't even properly spell your insult. By the way, you might want to review the forum rules about name calling. A person who's been posting here 20 years should probably know that, but then again you were delusional enough to think Taysom was starting material.

So bitter you can't even properly spell your insult. By the way, you might want to review the forum rules about name calling. A person who's been posting here 20 years should probably know that, but then again you were delusional enough to think Taysom was starting material.

You'd think he would learn, he's already had posts deleted in this thread.

You'd think he would learn, he's already had posts deleted in this thread.

Poor guy, he's having a rough enough day as it is, so I will let him have that parting shot. But it's funny to see the person who referenced "polishing a turd" a while back in regards to Jameis is now having to act like his biggest fan 😂😂😂.

^ doucebag

Geaux Jameis! Geaux Saints! Congrats on winning the job! Like I said since day One Saints fan 1st... Geaux get em!

Meh, if you were Saints fan 1st since day 1, you wouldve known that the best option for this team is the one that was made. But it is what it is now. Move on, and win. I just hope Taysom plays the joker. He is a game changer.

I dont really understand it though. Hill is one of my favorite players to watch, ever. Youve never seen an offense have a player with that much versatility and a HC who loves figuring out how to use him. Just because he isnt playing QB doesnt change that. I think the guy is a weapon that no other team has. I never liked Barry Sanders less because he didnt play safety or QB. Barry Sanders was a RB. The same was I think Taysom as the joker. Thats who he is.

Best line Payton has ever used for Hill is "He is a football player, when the game is over with and its a grass field, his uniform is going to be dirty". We need that guy.

Come on Jamies, boy that’s going to take some getting used to saying but hey good for him that he went out there and won the competition

My post from June 22... You can find this in almost every thread... If he Wins - Great! And he did... I didn't expect it - but I am totally Cool with it because he beat a talented player and Sean made the call on it.

Winston was re-singed to compete for the job / be a reclamation project - I have already made it pretty clear... If he wins... Great! That'll mean he beat out a super talented player.... One so much so - That Sean had to invent ways to put him in the game. But the idea that Winston is a shoe in... Or really has any advantage what-so-ever.... Is laughable fanboy stuff.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom