Tua Tagovailoa concussion discussion (update: Tua to IR 9/17/2024)(Merged) (2 Viewers)

He still insists that Tua didn’t have a concussion during the Bills game. :(

he cant admit. Just cant.

If he does, his career is over as fast as it began ( as a HC )

He will continue to look as tho he is sincere when that sincerity is just the fear of the truth becoming known and ending his budding career.

He was "told" that he had back injury. Who told you this? Did you simply say "oh ok" or dive into additional questions? post game?

Miami is in full damage control and wont be heard from nationally for next full week...watch. That will be the only presser given unless another is absolutely needed and even then, that will be scripted to the hilt.

I beg to differ, I don't see how SK's post is saying what I posted is wrong. SK's post goes into more detail but the conclusion is the same, if you follow the steps they will lead you to a diagnosis.
Your doctor will evaluate your signs and symptoms, review your medical history, and conduct a neurological examination. Signs and symptoms of a concussion may not appear until hours or days after the injury.

Tests your doctor may perform or recommend include a neurological examination, cognitive testing and imaging tests.

Neurological examination​

After your doctor asks detailed questions about your injury, he or she may perform a neurological examination. This evaluation includes checking your:
  • Vision
  • Hearing
  • Strength and sensation
  • Balance
  • Coordination
  • Reflexes

Cognitive testing​

Your doctor may conduct several tests to evaluate your thinking (cognitive) skills during a neurological examination. Testing may evaluate several factors, including your:
  • Memory
  • Concentration
  • Ability to recall information

Those above steps can be done on sight. Further steps should be taken if necessary but those steps are clearly defined and they are not a mystery.

Has no one asked him "after having seen the video where his head slams against the turf and where he proceeds to stand up and stumble multiple times, you're still sticking to that story?"

Coward smh

" 'As soon as we finish that review, we’ll release the results of that to everyone,” Dr. Sills said. 'We want to be as transparent and open about this as possible. We certainly want to learn, to improve, to get better. And we want to be the best in the world at diagnosing and managing these injuries. And so if we find that we fell short, or if we find that there are things that we need to change, we will certainly be up front about doing that. We’ve done that before, and we will certainly do that again, if that’s what’s indicated.'

"Sills said that there will be 'very serious consequences' if the concussion protocol was not followed. It’s also possible, as we’ve previously explained, that the protocol was followed but that it needs to be changed to, in this case, prevent players from returning to play after they exhibit gross motor instability.

The problem in this case is that the team physician and the Unaffiliated Neurotrauma Consultant found that Tua’s gross motor instability did not have a neurological cause. Few seem to believe that based, on the video. Sills never focused on that critical issue in the nearly nine-minute interview."

My BS meter is off the charts.
This is just lip service and empty promises. I don't believe it for a hot second.

" 'As soon as we finish that review, we’ll release the results of that to everyone,” Dr. Sills said. “We want to be as transparent and open about this as possible. We certainly want to learn, to improve, to get better. And we want to be the best in the world at diagnosing and managing these injuries. And so if we find that we fell short, or if we find that there are things that we need to change, we will certainly be up front about doing that. We’ve done that before, and we will certainly do that again, if that’s what’s indicated.'

"Sills said that there will be 'very serious consequences' if the concussion protocol was not followed. It’s also possible, as we’ve previously explained, that the protocol was followed but that it needs to be changed to, in this case, prevent players from returning to play after they exhibit gross motor instability.

The problem in this case is that the team physician and the Unaffiliated Neurotrauma Consultant found that Tua’s gross motor instability did not have a neurological cause. Few seem to believe that based, on the video. Sills never focused on that critical issue in the nearly nine-minute interview."

My BS meter is off the charts.
This is just lip service and empty promises. I don't believe it for a hot second.
It's the Goodell-ran NFL.. it's been shady from the jump, why would or should anyone believe this is anything other than "protect the shield" BS?

It's the Goodell-ran NFL.. it's been shady from the jump, why would or should anyone believe this is anything other than "protect the shield" BS?

Precisely. More of the same blah blah blah

Not sure if this is on the Dolphins, the doctors, the NFL or all of the above
If it comes down to whos head will roll... im saying the doctor, just because they would be low man on the list. That is unless the doctor has some sort of documented proof that he advised Tua be in protocol, or that he was pressured to advise otherwise.

Of course they could maybe pin it on an assistant or staff member coercing the doctor... but I doubt that would fly.

Joke conspiracy: Maybe there is an internal "investigation" that lasts the season. If the season goes well it was the doctor, if it goes poorly it was McDaniel. The Fins then can fire him with cause and pursue Payton.

In all seriousness though this is horrific and needs to be adressed so that it NEVER happens again. I had a memory loss level concussion and played the next week in HS, but that was not today it the 90's... in Texas... and even then the trainer resigned(effective end of season) protesting the coaches override on me playing, and a bunch of other things, like the coaches giving players ephedrine.

I worry pretty regularly if there are any "loose wires" upstairs just waiting to get crossed. I hope Tua gets the time he needs to recover, however long that may be. If they cost that man his career or health I hope he makes them pay.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom