Tua Tagovailoa concussion discussion (update: Tua to IR 9/17/2024)(Merged) (2 Viewers)

It's the Goodell-ran NFL.. it's been shady from the jump, why would or should anyone believe this is anything other than "protect the shield" BS?
Goodell is basically like the COO of the NFL. He's absolutely culpable for what he's been willing to do as the faceman for the owner's, but make no mistake, the owners are the CEO's and they are the ones dictating NFL policy to Goodell. This is all happening, because it's what the owners want.

Last edited:
This is sickening to see - this young man should have never stepped foot on that field Thursday night.

Tua needs to sue for malpractice (doctors) and reckless endangerment (team staff). Get it outside of NFL channels to really produce change.

It's a shame, they risked permanent damage to that young man who has a long career, and life, ahead of him.

This really pisses me off because it's not the first time this young man has had his career put in jeopardy by a team and its head coach (looking at you, Nick Saban).

Well, the doctor is literally there just to be impartial and protect player health. But I wasn't just talking about the doctor, also the coaches and training staff on the dolphins could have pulled him.
All anyone needed to do was see or watch the play on replay to know this was a head injury. This back injury justification is just BS! To put him back on the field in 4 days is criminal but does anyone think anyone will be accountable- not me!

Can you see a concussion? Can take a brain scan or something?
Unfortunately our technology isn’t there. You don’t see anything on CT, unless there is a skull fracture/bleed (as broccoli actually noted above). At times we can see a finding called diffuse axonal injury on MRI…but it’s uncommon and we really typically only see it with severe TBI. And MRI is not typically done in the acute setting. For that reason it’s not used as a diagnostic tool

All anyone needed to do was see or watch the play on replay to know this was a head injury. This back injury justification is just BS! To put him back on the field in 4 days is criminal but does anyone think anyone will be accountable- not me!
It takes two to tango. There is no question in my mind that Tua was playing the “I just injured by back” card to get on the field. But that’s the importance of a physician to protect a player from themself.

FYI…McDaniel says he watched a movie with Tua on the flight back. WAT?!?!? You mean to tell me that Tua hopped onto that plane and did the exact thing you AREN’T supposed to do after a concussion…no screen time? I don’t even blame McDaniel…Tua was told to avoid screen time…he had to have. That message apparently wasn’t passed to McDaniel…because McDaniel would have never admitted to that unless he was just naive and uneducated on the topic. This is another point of evidence that the Dolphins medical staff are incompetent. How can you not list the restrictions to the employer/coach? It also says something about Tua. I like Tua…seems like a nice, hardworking kid…but maybe there’s a reason he is perpetually hurt.

Last edited:
It takes two to tango. There is no question in my mind that Tua was playing the “I just injured by back” card to get on the field. But that’s the importance of a physician to protect a player from themself.

FYI…McDaniel says he watched a movie with Tua on the flight back. WAT?!?!? You mean to tell me that Tua hopped onto that plane and did the exact thing you AREN’T supposed to do after a concussion…no screen time? I don’t even blame McDaniel…Tua was told to avoid screen time…he had to have. That message apparently wasn’t passed to McDaniel…because McDaniel would have never admitted to that unless he was just naive and uneducated on the topic. This is another point of evidence that the Dolphins medical staff are incompetent. How can you not list the restrictions to the employee? It also says something about Tua. I like Tua…seems like a nice, hardworking kid…but maybe there’s a reason he is perpetually hurt.
It seems to me like no one in the organization, including Tua seems to be taking this situation very seriously

It seems to me like no one in the organization, including Tua seems to be taking this situation very seriously
This may go off topic, but the Dolphins are probably the worst organization (probably Washington) that this could happen too.
This franchise is horribly mismanaged.
From a first year head coach, to the Dolphins trying and failing to go after Brady and Park.
Oh, did I mention the owner of the franchise is suspended at this moment?

Tua needs to sue for malpractice (doctors) and reckless endangerment (team staff). Get it outside of NFL channels to really produce change.
He will be ostracized from the NFL basically. It's 'the same situation with Gruden because you are talking about one of the most powerful entities in all of America. You how hard it was just to get CTE even acknowledged and then they tried to exclude certain players from the settlement. It's shame what happened to this young man and I'm concerned about his future but I do not see any dramatic outcome. No major medical system or group is going to challenge them.

He just wants to play and when you're young you think you're invincible. Sometimes we need to be saved from ourselves but as an adult, only your coach can tell you no. McDaniel just did what the majority of coaches will do. Guys like Tomlin are the exception to the rule.

This may go off topic, but the Dolphins are probably the worst organization (probably Washington) that this could happen too.
This franchise is horribly mismanaged.
From a first year head coach, to the Dolphins trying and failing to go after Brady and Park.
Oh, did I mention the owner of the franchise is suspended at this moment?
Well if it was going to happen, I guess you can’t be surprised that it happened in one of these organizations, both disastrous really

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom