Tua Tagovailoa concussion discussion (update: Tua to IR 9/17/2024)(Merged) (2 Viewers)

I never post but always lurk....I feel compelled this time to throw in my 2 cents even though it is not saints related.

It may have been stated already but I believe this to be a terrible situation of nerve damage. It could be in his back but I believe it is in his neck.

I was STUNNED all the commentators referring to his clenched hands as being in pain. That poor guy. I believe it wasn't just pain it was nerve related.

I had three discs in my neck replaced because of previous undetected trauma and when I had the fall that made it known, I couldn't for the life of me un clench my hands in whatever pose they were stuck in.

I am a drummer and my hands never did recover properly. I hope that guys ok yall

I should add that when he fell the week before which was perceived as a concussion, I had similar things happen to me. I would be getting out of the car and would suddenly fall. No pain but it was the discs actually touching the spinal chord and interfering with the bodies signals.

Last edited:
It goes without saying but the independent doc was fired for “mistakes”.

But I completely agree that the Dolphins staff relies total to that one opinion, that’s derelict - they owe it to Tua (and all they have invested in him) to take a more complete approach to managing the situation.

So basically what this appears to be is:
1. The doc never should have let Tua return to the game because he should have been in the protocol - and he’s been fired for that failure as a matter of medical competence;
2. The criteria on which he based his determination probably showed he was justified, but they were incomplete and needed to be enhanced.

Something like that.

Watching Monday night countdown and they’re saying Tua is in concussion protocol for the 2nd time this season. Anyone who watches football thinks he’s had 3 although doctors claim his first one was “back issues!” So with two, or more likely 3 concussions in one season, could Tua be done and the Dolphins be in the hunt for a QB?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom