Tua Tagovailoa concussion discussion (update: Tua to IR 9/17/2024)(Merged) (1 Viewer)

I would say done for this year.

But the bigger Question is what happened to Miami. They have completely folded as a team
Tua happened to them.

He melted down last game with 3 second-half INTs, none of them even under pressure or tipped. Miami wins that game with even basic ball security. It’s like he was throwing to the wrong team on purpose.

Tua happened to them.

He melted down last game with 3 second-half INTs, none of them even under pressure or tipped. Miami wins that game with even basic ball security. It’s like he was throwing to the wrong team on purpose.
This may have something to do with the meltdown:
Tua suffered another concussion Sunday night.

Empty talk by NFL. They continue to operate without impunity and until something tragic happens, and they are punished monetarily, nothing is going to change.

Add independent neurologists to the list of ineptitude ( joining Referees)

It's a sad state of affairs. But money is thier sole purpose of being, and having sold the Sunday ticket to YouTube for 2b per year for 10 years, they don't give 2 sheets.

He better think about retirement before it's too late to think in general.
The one thing he has shown throughout college and playing in the pros is that he will keep dragging himself back out there. No matter how hurt he is. His body has proven it won’t up to the game of football.

He won’t retire on his own. He will have to be forced into it. The whole situation could get ugly before it gets resolved

I wish he would retire. I love the kid but man there is life beyond football.

He should retire. He could make a nice chunk for f change in Alabama since he won a title there.
Open up a steakhouse or something.

At some point the NFLPA has to step in. The Dolphins leadership is going to get him killed.

If fans at home saw his head bounce like that then I'm sure MIA did and they just let him keep going because they needed this win for the playoffs.

I've liked the Dolphins coach this season, but he needs to be criticized here. This is like the 3rd time he has chosen to go for a win over his QBs health.

I watched all 3 times (including this video) where he suffered a concussion and each time he lands on the back of his head. The second time against the Bengals seemed unavoidable because the defender threw him down with force. I just wonder if he is someone who doesn't know how to brace himself properly when getting taken to the ground. I'm not trying to be insensitive. We've seen NFL QB's before who genuinely didn't know how to slide properly when running with the ball. There is a technique to everything. That's just my observation, however.

Last edited:
I watched all 3 times (including this video) where he suffered a concussion and each time he lands on the back of his head. The second time against the Bengals seemed unavoidable because the defender threw him down with force. I just wonder if he is someone who doesn't know how to brace himself properly when getting taken to the ground. I'm not trying to be insensitive. We've seen NFL QB's before who genuinely didn't know how to slide properly when running with the ball. There is a technique to everything. That's just my observation, however.
I wondered the same thing when I saw the video clip of the tackle. I could see no reason for him to spin around to his back as he hit the ground. To roll to land on either side would have saved the way his head whipped into the turf. There’s nothing wrong with any player using the fetal position maneuver to protect himself while being tackled.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom