Tua Tagovailoa concussion discussion (update: Tua to IR 9/17/2024)(Merged) (2 Viewers)

I wondered the same thing when I saw the video clip of the tackle. I could see no reason for him to spin around to his back as he hit the ground. To roll to land on either side would have saved the way his head whipped into the turf. There’s nothing wrong with any player using the fetal position maneuver to protect himself while being tackled.

And all 3 times happened within the span of a few months in the same season. He may just need to retire due to his concussion history alone, but if he is unable to properly protect himself when going to the ground, then he should not be playing football at all.

And all 3 times happened within the span of a few months in the same season. He may just need to retire due to his concussion history alone, but if he is unable to properly protect himself when going to the ground, then he should not be playing football at all.
Certainly not continuing to allow his head to smack the ground the way he does. Unless he wants to be dribbling in a chair by the time he’s 40 years old. :cry:

At what point does the players association step in?

I’m not exactly sure what they can do apart from talk - and we don’t actually know what’s going on behind the scenes. But if the player himself and his agent are saying they’re going to do whatever the medical staff says (or maybe he even has his own neurologist), the PA can’t demand anything.

But clearly he now has a compelling concussion history and the Dolphins have a terrible record of diagnosing concussions in-game. That’s certainly something that the PA can make a stink about: why does he keep having concussions in games that he is allowed to continue play?

I’m not exactly sure what they can do apart from talk - and we don’t actually know what’s going on behind the scenes. But if the player himself and his agent are saying they’re going to do whatever the medical staff says (or maybe he even has his own neurologist), the PA can’t demand anything.

But clearly he now has a compelling concussion history and the Dolphins have a terrible record of diagnosing concussions in-game. That’s certainly something that the PA can make a stink about: why does he keep having concussions in games that he is allowed to continue play?
I know there isn’t much they can do, but I think making a stink about player safety is important. I don’t want to read about Tua in 10 years killing himself like Seau did you know.

He needs to work with Ian Book on getting tackled.

Meanwhile Saints/Cam Jordan get a $550,000 fine for NFL thinking he 'faked" and injury in our Bucs game....

Lets put this into perspective....Cam Jordan feels pain in foot, takes knee, leaves field of play for evaluation....$550,000 fine.

Miami, 3rd TIME in under 6 weeks, trots their concussed QB out on the field only to be found "concussed" later- to date- no fine.

The NFL will continue to tell you and everyone else that they view PLAYER SAFETY as their #1 issue.

If you believe them, thats on you. But i suspect many NFL fans look past this because they love football. So they dont TRULY believe, but know this is all they have to do ( rationalize the injuries vs NFL narrative ) to continue their Sunday traditions.

im totally over the NFL at this point.

People love ripping on Dennis Allen here but where are you guys ripping on their coach for not stepping in doing something with their franchise QB??

How would everyone be on here if this was Allen being negligent??

This is a complete failure on the Dolphins organization. The "independent" doctor was fired after the previous incident. Now it happens again? Ultimately, the Head Coach and GM are at fault. They should both be suspended indefinitely/fired.

People love ripping on Dennis Allen here but where are you guys ripping on their coach for not stepping in doing something with their franchise QB??

How would everyone be on here if this was Allen being negligent??
Everyone in the front office and the offensive staff should be gone. This isn't just negligence; this is malfeasance.

I'm glad the Saints didn't hire this coach. So many bad looks on him now.

It's Crazy to think DA has chance to get same amount of wins as the former Hot Shot Miami Coach.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom