Tua Tagovailoa concussion discussion (update: Tua to IR 9/17/2024)(Merged) (4 Viewers)

PHOENIX (AP) — Tua Tagovailoa is grateful the Miami Dolphins kept him off the field after suffering his second concussion and he has no doubts about returning to play next season.

The third-year quarterback missed Miami’s final three games, including a playoff loss to Buffalo, after being diagnosed with a concussion following a loss to Green Bay on Dec. 25.

“One of the biggest things I was trying to do was get back on the field and it was something that I had to consult with my wife, consult with my parents, my family,” Tagovailoa told the AP Pro Football Podcast on Friday. “But at the end of the day, I think others had bigger interests in my health than I did. (I’m) talking about the Dolphins, and their whole plan was: ‘Hey, we want to just protect you from yourself and not put any pressure on you to return back for this year.’ And so, as much as I wanted to come back and a lot of the conversations that we’ve had, it’s just that’s how the cards played out.

“Looking back at it, I’m very, very grateful that they didn’t rush me back. I’ve been able to take care of myself that much more and better.”

The NFL and the players’ union revised concussion protocols in October following a joint investigation into the procedures after Tagovailoa suffered what was described as a back injury against the Buffalo Bills in September…….

Oh now they Dolphins want to protect them. I guess even the draw the line at fruit loops for brains. I enjoy watching him play but I feel I am just watching a train wreck in slow motion.

I’ve lost so much respect for that coach and that organization this year. Tua’s career and possibly life will be effected by their idiotic actions this year. It was a situation of looking at the short term rather than long term. Get him back to play, no matter the costs, then when he never really has the time to heal you lose him for the rest of the season. I hope Tua really reflects and does advocate for his health and some tweaks to the offense in Miami so he does get hit less.

And yes Allen was an idiot also for keeping Winston in there when he had the back injury. He should’ve sat him then and there and let him heal. Having a QB that can’t move his arm correctly throwing the ball is as stupid of decision that I’ve witnessed in a while.

Dolphins fan here. I feel awful for Tua but that fan base deserves every ounce of misery they get. Ran Jeff Ireland out of town when he was the only competent man in the organization, and hated anyone who supported him. Blamed Tannehill for everything and then when he had success in Tennessee, claimed it was all because of Derrick Henry (not true). I need a new team to follow and y'all are the obvious choice for me (never done this before). Geaux Saints!

Dolphins fan here. I feel awful for Tua but that fan base deserves every ounce of misery they get. Ran Jeff Ireland out of town when he was the only competent man in the organization, and hated anyone who supported him. Blamed Tannehill for everything and then when he had success in Tennessee, claimed it was all because of Derrick Henry (not true). I need a new team to follow and y'all are the obvious choice for me (never done this before). Geaux Saints!

Welcome new Whodat!

Well, welcome aboard!

The NFL: Oh no concussion conversations in the league. Quick dig up some Saints emails, there must be something we can pin on them so people quit talking about it.
Like when they had breaking news last week, that S.Payton was running a Vicodin brothel as a Saint.

You don't think.......

Thanks, love the profile pic. The team I know very well besides Miami is the Eagles, because my friend is a d***head Eagles fan. Y'all gonna crush them next week, their front 7 is laughable.

Looking forward to getting to know this roster. Thanks to Loomis and Ireland I'm sure it's STACKED.
The roster on paper dossnt seem amazing but has a lot of veteran FAs who can still play at high level, as well as several years worth of draft hits. Taysom is a gift left over from.Sean Payton, and Kamara is just an alien. We thought oline would be pretty weak because of past struggles but suddenly they have become road graders. Get to know Rashid Shaheed, a guy who came out of nowhere as a UDFA but has become a bonafide deep threat!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom