Ty Montgomery Defies Coaches Orders, Costs Packers The Rams Game (3 Viewers)

There were three possible outcomes from him taking the ball out in that position:

1. A big return (including a TD, or anything over 25 yards).
2. A short return (anything under 25 yards).
3. A fumble.

2 out of the 3 outcomes were not good. It was incredibly stupid and selfish for him to do it and it directly effectively removed any chance they had to win the game. It was just a selfish play, and it cost them. I am sure the locker room is NOT happy with this, and they shouldn't be.

Read the article I posted above. They are mad lol.

We seemed to have learned yesterday that the high-dollar defense of the L.A. Rams has some trouble with elite or at least decent quarterbacks. They slipped by the Packers yesterday and did the same with Wilson's Seahawks. And Minnesota put up 31 points on them.

Wonder how the GOAT will treat them next Sunday :unsure::ezbill:

There were three possible outcomes from him taking the ball out in that position:

1. A big return (including a TD, or anything over 25 yards).
2. A short return (anything under 25 yards).
3. A fumble.

2 out of the 3 outcomes were not good. It was incredibly stupid and selfish for him to do it and it directly effectively removed any chance they had to win the game. It was just a selfish play, and it cost them. I am sure the locker room is NOT happy with this, and they shouldn't be.

Not to mention precious time taken off the clock and the high potential for a penalty on the return. Yesterday, I faulted the coaching for that gaff. I didn't realize that Montgomery went rogue. It will be interesting to see how they handle this.

It's not fact that he ran the ball out the endzone, it's his attitude about it. He purposely defied the coaches' instructions and put himself before the team. If he kneels the ball in the endzone, he might've had an opportunity to "do him" in that drive. He could've had a long run or a key reception that put his team in field goal range. Instead, he blew that opportunity for both himself, his teammates, coaches and fans. Very selfish.

Not to mention precious time taken off the clock and the high potential for a penalty on the return. Yesterday, I faulted the coaching for that gaff. I didn't realize that Montgomery went rogue. It will be interesting to see how they handle this.

Not to mention they kicked it off with 2:09 left I believe. Screw around long enough and you waste the 2 minute warning.

From listening to their head coach, seems he will escape much punishment for that. We shall see.

If he was told to kneel, and had gone full ‘diva’ before this, given the circumstances....Aaron having plenty of time to get them to field goal range, I’d be super upset with him and more importantly his blatant disregard for team and his me first attitude.

They were losing that game regardless.

Their defense couldn't stop them in the end. Story of their lives in Green Bay. Good luck rebuilding your defense with Rodgers' ridiculous contract.

Not to mention they kicked it off with 2:09 left I believe. Screw around long enough and you waste the 2 minute warning.
I think it was less time than that. As soon as he took it out, I believe the 2 minute warning was wasted. The play ended with 1:57 if I recall correctly. It was a very stupid play even if it had worked out. Fumbling just made it more stupid. And hearing he disobeyed direct orders make it near unforgivable.

Rodgers really likes Montgomery. The Packers are an elite managed franchise

Not really....

Green Bay has been the one team in the last 25+ years that depends on great quarterback play above everything.

They went from Hall of Fame quarterback to another Hall of Fame quarterback and yet, all they have to show for it is two Super Bowls in a span of 25+ years. One SB for each of them while both have a playoff record of failures and "what ifs". Rodgers' playoff record practically picks up where Favre's left off and his home losses are beginning to rival that of the many playoff losses of Peyton Manning.

That is absurd. The Packers should've been the team of the NFC during Favre and Rodgers' career; going to multiple SBs and winning rings. They should've become like the old 49ers who went from Montana to Young. Instead, they squandered it all away on both of their careers.

What we are seeing now with Rodgers late in his career and this team, is really no different than how they threw away their chances with Favre. They kept Mike Sherman forever when he should've been fired early on. Why is McCarthy still there? He runs an outdated West Coast offense that the entire league has figured out how to shut down since Denver wrote the blueprint in 2015 (this is ironically the beginning of where Rodgers has declined into being just an above average QB).

Back when they were making the playoffs yearly with Rodgers, they knew they had a problem with coaching and the defense and yet did nothing to fix it. No different from how they ignored their issues on the Sherman coached teams that would often get crushed in the playoffs.

I don't think they're an elite managed team at all. The NFC North has been a joke all through Rodgers' career and was a joke through most of Favre's final years. People talk about this with the Patriots, but there is statistical evidence that both Green Bay and Indianapolis benefit from their divisional foes than any other teams. Now that the Vikings seem to have gotten it together and Chicago is building for the future, their automatic 5 wins in the NFC North and playoff berth are in jeopardy.

Bum Phillips once said there were two types of players he doesn't want to coach:
1. Players that dont do anything he tells them to do
2. Players that only do what he tells them to do.

Look, it's not like Rodgers was facing the 2012 Saints defense, so while it sucks that he didnt get a chance to try and win the game, its ridiculous to assume that without the fumble, GB was going to win the game.

Can't stand Rodgers mainly as a person. That being said he would of definitely moved the ball into field goal range and they would of won it the Rams defense was on edge at that point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom