tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
* * Champions League Thread * *

Any fans?

Took Liverpool 85 minutes to score despite the 1 man advantage. Chelsea plays to a draw in Greece.

I won't say what happened in the Roma/Madrid game, its on (tape delay) ESPN classic right now.

Last edited:

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
Reaction score
Huge upset tonight. Man C just looked lost at times. Didn't play at all like we're used to seeing them.
Lyon played ok, but this really was a game Man C lost rather than a game Lyon won.

The miss by Sterling followed 45 seconds later by 2nd Dembele goal.

How many times, at this level, do you see a player miss an absolute sitter, and the opponent scores 1-3 min later? Crazy how that happens.

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
Reaction score
So we have PSG VS Bayern.

Bayern looked a bit off VS Lyon yesterday, but I'm sure the hangover from the Barca drubbing played a part.

Should be a great final Sunday with teams that really press to score goals.

OP
superchuck500

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So we have PSG VS Bayern.

Bayern looked a bit off VS Lyon yesterday, but I'm sure the hangover from the Barca drubbing played a part.

Should be a great final Sunday with teams that really press to score goals.

It’s the most exciting thing to happen in sports since the Super Bowl.

wyrmer

Aboard the crazy train
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I like that both teams actually try to play creatively and try to score. Usually in these big games one team tries to play mostly defense and counter attack.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
very interesting though unsurprising
any truth to the rumor (that im making up now) that he's headed to the new NO expansion MLS team?

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Man City reportedly i saw Monday.

woouldnt surprise me.
wish i knew EPL line-ups a bit better to know where he fits best (not like it matters, if you can get messi you create the fit)

i do kinda feel for La Liga losing the 2 biggest stars in short order - que lastima

UncleTrvlingJim

Administrator
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
wish i knew EPL line-ups a bit better to know where he fits best (not like it matters, if you can get messi you create the fit)

i do kinda feel for La Liga losing the 2 biggest stars in short order - que lastima

Yeah, but Barca has been a mess for a while now, so I expected to see this. It's still sad though.

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
Reaction score

Yeah most teams would fit him in.

The obvious reason is Pep is manager of MC. So stands to reason as he brought the Barcelona play to MC. So it would be pretty seamless to transition Messi into MC style.

If MC pull this off...you would have Messi and Gabriel Jesus up top ( think Messi/Suarez ). They have a De Bruyne in Mid along with David Silva and Fernandinho. Yeah it would be some squad.

I imagine with all the public tax issues major players seem to find themselves in Spain, it was simply a matter of time after Messi tax scandal broke. Now, with the drubbing in UEFA, 3 coaches in 3 seasons, he out.

Beast

Former Camp Beast
Reaction score
Yeah most teams would fit him in.

The obvious reason is Pep is manager of MC. So stands to reason as he brought the Barcelona play to MC. So it would be pretty seamless to transition Messi into MC style.

If MC pull this off...you would have Messi and Gabriel Jesus up top ( think Messi/Suarez ). They have a De Bruyne in Mid along with David Silva and Fernandinho. Yeah it would be some squad.

I imagine with all the public tax issues major players seem to find themselves in Spain, it was simply a matter of time after Messi tax scandal broke. Now, with the drubbing in UEFA, 3 coaches in 3 seasons, he out.

Silva left for Sociedad in La Liga, but yeah, Messi would slot in on the right wing with Jesus or Aguero up top and Sterling on the left. Throw in Debruyne with his precision passing, and that's a heck of an attack.

Beast

Former Camp Beast
Reaction score
Silva left for Sociedad in La Liga, but yeah, Messi would slot in on the right wing with Jesus or Aguero up top and Sterling on the left. Throw in Debruyne with his precision passing, and that's a heck of an attack.

Thinking about it though, they'd probably have to unload somebody, b/c they also have Bernardo Silva and Mehrez that usually play right wing. Unless you put Messi at the 10 and let Debruyne play the 8. Financial fair play comes into effect too.

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
Reaction score
Thinking about it though, they'd probably have to unload somebody, b/c they also have Bernardo Silva and Mehrez that usually play right wing. Unless you put Messi at the 10 and let Debruyne play the 8. Financial fair play comes into effect too.

And that's what the report I saw was... Mc looking at financial fair play rules.

I think you do exactly that... Messi at the 10 and Debruyne at the 8.

sfidc3

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
very interesting though unsurprising
any truth to the rumor (that im making up now) that he's headed to the new NO expansion MLS team?

Highly, highly unlikely. Messi, though he is probably starting to decline, is still one of the best players on the planet and will get bigger money from an EPL or other European league club.

For my son's sake I'm hoping that club is Man U.....

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
Reaction score
Highly, highly unlikely. Messi, though he is probably starting to decline, is still one of the best players on the planet and will get bigger money from an EPL or other European league club.

For my son's sake I'm hoping that club is Man U.....

and mine! lol

But im not sure how he would fit with the current style of play under OGS. But im willing to give it a shot!!!!!!!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom