Um..Saints won...and everyone's mad? Geezzz Louiz.... (1 Viewer)

Yeah, I don't get this. It's actually a pretty significant win for you guys, though I'm sure it's overlooked. I heard on the radio that with that win, it's the first time you've had back to back winning seasons since the run you had years ago with that killer LB corp.

Add to that you're right in the playoff hunt, probably will clinch that in a week or two, and barring a collapse, you'll be able to defend your title. What's to complain about?

Making the playoffs in the NFL is hard. Any team that makes it regardless of seeding is fortunate for the opportunity.

During most of the Saints existence, December has been a time of figuring out how high they would pick in the draft. Now, it's HFA vs. wildcard. Believe me - this dilemma is waaayyy better.

Im pretty sure not one person is upset with the Saints. Just with the situation that looks like is starting to take shape. And im sorry, but if youre not conscious of what the playoff seeding is looking like and ****** about it, you are oblivious and stupid.

There's nothing wrong with being frustrated about the game today. The defense didn't do well, the special teams sucked, and SP forgot to run Chris Ivory in the 3rd quarter. We let up a ton of yards in penalties which is not Championship caliber football, especially on the road. For the second week in a row, we let a team come back from behind and make us drive down the field for a last minute score or we lose. It's still very exciting that we are a 9 win team, but that was not a very good game for the Saints. It's also frustrating that we might be a wild card team with a possible 11+ win team and have someone host a game with 7 wins. Much to be happy about, but there's also much to be frustrated about after today.

The super-duper-mega homerism has really brought this forum down several levels. When I joined this site earlier this year, I did so after hearing such wonderful things about it. But over the course of such a relatively short period of time, this forum has really suffered. It's sad when there is such little tolerance for anything positive said about a team other than the Saints and that there can't be freedom of discourse and avatar display without the mods revoking privileges or banning people. :rant:

This forum is same as it ever was and that's a good thing. Nicely moderated, good self policing from posters and generally good discourse. If you're having problems with getting banned I'd take a good long look at how you might be provoking folks. If your sensibilities are easily offended I'd also avoid the game day board, and maybe even avoid the SSF for a couple of days until things have cooled off after a tough loss.

The super-duper-mega homerism has really brought this forum down several levels. When I joined this site earlier this year, I did so after hearing such wonderful things about it. But over the course of such a relatively short period of time, this forum has really suffered. It's sad when there is such little tolerance for anything positive said about a team other than the Saints and that there can't be freedom of discourse and avatar display without the mods revoking privileges or banning people. :rant:

You're really going to talk about the good 'ol days -- from way back in March?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom