Unconfirmed Rumor about Brees (2 Viewers)

That could literally be said for any college QB in history. I really feel like some people just hate LSU, so they hate Burrow by extension.

I’m still waiting for someone to tell me how he’s not the real deal? Runs an nfl offense, extremely accurate, progresses through his reads well, and is consistent. Tell me a negative.

There’s a dozen Joe Burrows in the NCAA right now. They’ll all be getting their chances in the NFL over the next two drafts. It’s ok. Take a deep breath.

I can't even make the Dr. Shin joke.

As opposed to the riveting fake rumor the thread was originally supposed to be about? Oh please, sir. Share with us your insight on Johnny Whatsit's 100% made up garbage rumor.

Gee... the thread is called "Unconfirmed Rumor About Brees." Seems like a great place to talk about Joe Burrow.

Seriously, if you're that lousy at reading signs, public restrooms must be a real adventure for you.

tell me what you base this off of? The fact that superstar QBs don’t normally come out of LSU? That means he cant have a successful nfl career? He’s been incredibly accurate, he makes great reads, he’s been consistent, and he’s been productive. Tell me what more you need to see?

And for the record, I am no LSU homer. I just like football. And that dude plays good football, AND utilizes an offensive scheme similar to that of the Saints. I’d say he’s more NFL Ready than guys like Tua and Lawrence.
I base it off the fact that SeC and other power 5 programs produce tons of better than average college QBs that benefit from their overall program strength to mostly put up good numbers against overmatched competition.

Burrows is one of those QBs. See guys like Jason White, Matt Leinart, and every Ohio State QB from the past 15 years for example. You have to do multiple QB related things at an elite level and have plus athleticism to be worth a first round pick. Burrows is not elite at anything, does not even have a track record of greatness in college yet and will never be confused for a plus athlete.
Quit being an LSU homer.

There’s a dozen Joe Burrows in the NCAA right now. They’ll all be getting their chances in the NFL over the next two drafts. It’s ok. Take a deep breath.

Aaaaand still didn’t provide any argument.

There’s not a dozen guys like Joe burrow because the guys you’re talking about are playing for teams that no one has ever heard of.

I base it off the fact that SeC and other power 5 programs produce tons of better than average college QBs that benefit from their overall program strength to mostly put up good numbers against overmatched competition.

Burrows is one of those QBs. See guys like Jason White, Matt Leinart, and every Ohio State QB from the past 15 years for example. You have to do multiple QB related things at an elite level and have plus athleticism to be worth a first round pick. Burrows is not elite at anything, does not even have a track record of greatness in college yet and will never be confused for a plus athlete.
Quit being an LSU homer.

That’s a fair argument. And like I said before, he’s doing everything he needs to against the teams he’s forced t go up against. How is that a negative on him?

And I promise I’m not an LSU Homer. Tons of players don’t have great track records in college and yet are elite NFL athletes. I.e Michael Thomas and Alvin Kamara.

Burrows does everything well. He may not be “elite” per se at anything. But like I said, he’s accurate, he goes through his reads, he’s productive, and, thus far, has been consistent.

You can not tell me that if he continues on this pace, that nfl teams won’t take notice. His stats are comparable to Tua, who has faced even worse teams this season

The Dr. he’s going to see performed this surgery on Trout.

No one will know anything until tomorrow. Don't believe any rumors until then.
I'd take Tua or Hurts before Burrows

Yea, why not draft a QB who you have to completely re-tool the offense around instead of getting a QB who runs the same system? makes sense

A broken bone is diagnosed with an x-ray. If he had a broken bone it would have shown on the x-ray and he would already have known by postgame interviews

That doesnt' rule out a cover-up. Combine that with the "well update you on Drew when it's time" quote from Payton and it's possible they may already know and don't want the news to break now. Still, until things come out no one truly knows and there's not a real reason to speculate.

Gee... the thread is called "Unconfirmed Rumor About Brees." Seems like a great place to talk about Joe Burrow.

Seriously, if you're that lousy at reading signs, public restrooms must be a real adventure for you.
Nah. I usually just find where you live and go on your front door.

Promise I’m not an LSU Homer. Tons of players don’t have great track records in college and yet are elite NFL athletes. I.e Michael Thomas and Alvin Kamara.

Burrows does everything well. He may not be “elite” per se at anything. But like I said, he’s accurate, he goes through his reads, he’s productive, and, thus far, has been consistent.

You can not tell me that if he continues on this pace, that nfl teams won’t take notice. His stats are comparable to Tua, who has faced even worse teams this season
You are just talking dumb stuff now. You and others were saying Burrows is so great he is a sure fire first round keeper the Saints would be lucky to spend a first pick on and now you are saying he might be great in the NFL like other diamonds in the rough from later rounds.

So which is he - sure fire top of the first round pick pick or under the radar draft steal? Maybe you should wait until he puts the team on his back and wins an actual big conference game before the coronation of Mr Burrows.

Bottom line is you want the Saints to use a first round pick on a QB with limited athleticism and game tape and I think That is very dumb based on the track record of similar QBs over the past 15 years.

Regarding Tua, at least he is definitely a plus athlete and has proven he can win a conference and national championship game. Even he is hard to read because he plays for a loaded team, mostly throwing to wide open receivers and is only tested 2 or 3 times a year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom