UPDATE: BI Likely to be Traded[This Week] (24 Viewers)

I like the pick. But I wouldn't get too attached with so much in motion. They aren't going to start next year with JV and Larry as the primary bigs. So to be continued.

From CBS Sports

Yves Missi C, BAYLOR
Height: 6-11, Weight: 229

New Orleans has a young asset at every position except center, and this solves that. Missi has the same potential as Dereck Lively to be an early achiever because he's a natural rim protector and defensive presence. He should have been off the board in terms of his upside, but now he goes to a really good fit. (Adam Finkelstein)

Someone needs to tell the stats guy...

1000002142.jpg

Looks like the 6' 10 3/4" is accurate barefoot height.

I don’t know what the hell we are doing. This guy is Jaxson Hayes. Everything he does is lobs and put backs 2 ft from the rim. No creation or spacing ability. No shot to speak of. I hope we plan to move him for someone that doesn’t literally live in Zion’s launchpad.

If our best player didn’t live 2 ft from the rim I might understand this kind of pick.

I don’t know what the hell we are doing. This guy is Jaxson Hayes. Everything he does is lobs and put backs 2 ft from the rim. No creation or spacing ability. No shot to speak of. I hope we plan to move him for someone that doesn’t literally live in Zion’s launchpad.

If our best player didn’t live 2 ft from the rim I might understand this kind of pick.
Shooting isnt the only way bigs create space. There is an obvious need for more size, rebounding, and rim protection. He's also still 19. He's more advanced than Jaxson was at age 19.

He has a relatively short 7'2" wingspan, but he has the feet and vertical to make up for that.

I like the pick. But I wouldn't get too attached with so much in motion. They aren't going to start next year with JV and Larry as the primary bigs. So to be continued.
JV isn't here anymore. He is a true free agent and the Pels didn't even try to make an offer this off season.

Last pre-season he wouldn't accept the Pels offer and he is worth less to them now as we saw his usage go way down during the 4Q of the season. He'll sign with someone else.

We'll probably look to pick up an experienced 5 from someone soon.

Shooting isnt the only way bigs create space. There is an obvious need for more size, rebounding, and rim protection. He's also still 19. He's more advanced than Jaxson was at age 19.

He has a relatively short 7'2" wingspan, but he has the feet and vertical to make up for that.

He’s Jaxson Hayes now…. Not Jaxson Hayes when we drafted him. You’re right about that. He’s as useful on this team as a thumb on your elbow. Sorry. I don’t get this pick at all. The reason none of our bigs have worked around Z is the same. If they can’t space and shoot consistently…. They are just in his way.

I mean if the plan is to G league him or give him small mins with the no Zion unit and just let him rim run and rebound…. Yeah. Ok. The problem is Filipowski was there - you passed and he could have fit and gave you real mins this year along Z.

Just weird IMO

He’s Jaxson Hayes now…. Not Jaxson Hayes when we drafted him. You’re right about that. He’s as useful on this team as a thumb on your elbow. Sorry. I don’t get this pick at all. The reason none of our bigs have worked around Z is the same. If they can’t space and shoot consistently…. They are just in his way.
Don't you think we should at least give the guy a chance before we are that harsh on him?

I've also got a couple of ideas on how to use a thumb on my elbow ... ;)

Don't you think we should at least give the guy a chance before we are that harsh on him?

I've also got a couple of ideas on how to use a thumb on my elbow ... ;)

Yeah sure. I’m just so done with bigs that can’t shoot. I see no point in drafting one when your best player can’t shoot either…. and lives in the paint.

If our best player was like Luka…. Drafting a guy like him makes perfect sense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
Top Bottom