UPDATE: BI Likely to be Traded[This Week] (24 Viewers)

He’s Jaxson Hayes now…. Not Jaxson Hayes when we drafted him. You’re right about that. He’s as useful on this team as a thumb on your elbow. Sorry. I don’t get this pick at all. The reason none of our bigs have worked around Z is the same. If they can’t space and shoot consistently…. They are just in his way.

I mean if the plan is to G league him or give him small mins with the no Zion unit and just let him rim run and rebound…. Yeah. Ok. The problem is Filipowski was there - you passed and he could have fit and gave you real mins this year along Z.

Just weird IMO
He's not Jaxson Hayes now. He's already 229 vs Jaxson at 219 when drafted. He's quicker with a higher vertical than Jaxson. He has a better touch around the rim (can use his left) and ball handling skills than Jaxson now. Basketball IQ is the only question mark for me.

Messi best skillset that pops on the film is that he's a really good screen setter and that worries me with his lack of experience.

How's he's supposed to get a 2nd contract here?

We are going to have to get two bigs ahead of him. NBA is changing around skilled shooting bigs with every draft.

So, he's taking his time to develop, and by the time he gets a meaningful role. He's no longer a desire fit on the roster

So, I imagine we draft another big next year tbh.

Messi has really good shooting motion in his work out better than Ware. Ware got a weird tiny hitch.

Granted, good shooting motion doesn't translate to being a good shooter in the game.

The more I listen to Griff, the more I'm starting to realize we will be disappointed. His "being aggressive" talk just feels like he's saying the right things to say they tried. Really really really hope I'm wrong.

The more I listen to Griff, the more I'm starting to realize we will be disappointed. His "being aggressive" talk just feels like he's saying the right things to say they tried. Really really really hope I'm wrong.
He has to be, because the team currently constructed is a lottery team.

If he doesn't do something. I would imagine this is his last year

He has to be, because the team currently constructed is a lottery team.

If he doesn't do something. I would imagine this is his last year

Imagine him extending Brandon to the max knowing it won't be his problem in a year. Yikes.

I don’t know what the hell we are doing. This guy is Jaxson Hayes. Everything he does is lobs and put backs 2 ft from the rim. No creation or spacing ability. No shot to speak of. I hope we plan to move him for someone that doesn’t literally live in Zion’s launchpad.

If our best player didn’t live 2 ft from the rim I might understand this kind of pick.
It is pick 21 in a very weak draft. Hayes went 8 in a normal draft. This guy has a motor, something Hayes never had.

It is pick 21 in a very weak draft. Hayes went 8 in a normal draft. This guy has a motor, something Hayes never had.
That Hayes/NAW trade is going to haunt Griff until the day he retires (or is fired).

What might have been. We traded back to draft Hayes and NAW, and between our original pick and the Hayes pick, Hunter, Garland, and White went off the board.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
Top Bottom