USMNT - ‘23 and beyond (4 Viewers)

Where do we go from here. I refuse to believe a starting XI comprised entirely of guys in top 5 leagues should be this embarassed and thorughly outplayed.

Berhalter has to go. Copa looks like a disaster about to happen.

WIll they move on from him after Copa? They surely wont go into a home WC with him, right?

Right?

Last edited:
Where do we go from here. I refuse to believe a starting XI comprised entirely of guys in top 5 leagues should be this embarassed and thorughly outplayed.

Berhalter has to go. Copa looks like a disaster about to happen.

WIll they move on from him after Copa? They surely wont go into a home WC with him, right?

Right?

I didn't watch the last 20 or so or post game. I can no longer listen to supposed "soccer experts" tell me that it's all part of the process or this is good for this young team. They aren't young. Many have been overseas for years.

The fact that Berhalter WILL NOT adjust his tactics based on opponent is part of the issue. We don't start off on the right foot and continually have to struggle to find offense.

I would guess a touch and pass chart would show Gio having as many back passes as he had fwd. That's a symptom of a bigger issue.

I am hopeful that a sound thrashing in Copa play will finally be the straw. But it's US Soccer so who knows.

But we can't go into 2026 with this same coach and his insanely boring strategy. Too many playmakers on that XI to spend 5 min moving ball left to right while defense just clogs up entire midfield.

So disappointed that US Soccer isn't listening or paying attention

Welp I just saw it ended 5 -1.

NM fire Berhalter tonite. Holy cow.

Matt Turner, you provided us with some great moments but it's time to move on.

didn’t understand- he’d improved so much with his feet but he looked lost/scared back there
Worst I ever saw Ream play, worst I ever saw Jedi play

Not comfortable and his confidence is shattered after this season at Forest. He regressed.
Ream MIGHT be showing age at this point, not sure. Next game will be indicator. Jedi was good going fwd, his final balls were a bit off, but he defending was scattershot.

Coaching and prepping players to play. In a system designed for max possession vs a highly aggressive opponent who will make you pay for any mistake.

Wait til Copa. If we play this same style, it should lead to sound drubbings and seal Berhalters fate as USMNT manager. He ain't it. I don't care what the players say publicly. If they don't want to play for new manager, we can move on.

I was watching on Telemundo so might not always get players right, but it sure seemed like 2 Jedi turnovers led directly to goals

The first, him digging at the pass in the 18, that had he looked over shoulder, would have seen no runner and allowed that ball to run out touch line.

That's a mistake. Ream was always going to be second to that loose ball due to reaction time.

The second is a direct result of our formation and their press. We don't have the outlets in current set up which then leaves a player on the ball longer than need be and usually results in a turnover/counter and our D is out of position since they were cycling around to be outlets.

It's a freaking mess man.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom