USMNT - ‘23 and beyond (7 Viewers)

When I say Twitter is hot about this match I mean it is HOT

Unfortunately it just stays on Twitter.

I replied to Alexi Lalas asking him to please start holding USSF and Berhalter accountable for the product we keep seeing.

Unfortunately, as the previous tweet alluded to, it's set up like NFL Network and journalists. They simply aren't going to hold those that pay their salaries accountable. And those not directly paid, afraid to lose access.

And I just read Brazil will field it's true starting XI. Lol. I have a tennis match Wednesday night thank goodness.

This is, by far, the most talented squad in US history, they are playing worse than the last days of Bradley.....Berhalter has to go.....

This is, by far, the most talented squad in US history, they are playing worse than the last days of Bradley.....Berhalter has to go.....

I was thinking this last night. It was infinitely more fun watching guys like Jermaine Jones and Dempsey and Bocanegra and Cherundulo etc etc be completely outclassed on skill but fought till the bitter end. At least they embraced the grind.

Hell I’d take Jurgen back at this point. Do something. Anything.

I was thinking this last night. It was infinitely more fun watching guys like Jermaine Jones and Dempsey and Bocanegra and Cherundulo etc etc be completely outclassed on skill but fought till the bitter end. At least they embraced the grind.

Recent musings from Joachim Low

Reflecting on his extensive travels as Bundestrainer scouting players across Germany, Low spoke about seeking a "fitting challenge" for his next assignment. Expressing excitement about the prospect of the 2026 World Cup in North America, he stated, "I've travelled through this country for 17 years, been to all kinds of stadiums, and know the clubs very well."

Klinsmann was vilified for his comments about players in MLS vs European clubs back in like 2014. Vilified.

Now, we have an entire roster of European players and we get routed by Colombia.

What's the excuse now Garber and US Soccer?

Coaching is the main issue. Berhalters tactics simply don't mesh with the skill our players possess nor their club tactics. Pounding square pegs into round holes (AGAIN). I said this same thing 4 years ago and 4 years later nothing has changed. At all.

I'm still salty about that match this am.

Yup, the difference though in Bradley's case is at the end, his team with his son as captain didn't have nearly the talent this squad does, and his son who was actually a pretty solid player was a horrible leader, zero accountability.....

This team has a Pulisic as captain, say what you want about him being "overrated" or whatever, dude would die for his team, the problem here isn't "on the pitch" it's on the sidelines, Berhalter is terrible, god awful.....

Yup, the difference though in Bradley's case is at the end, his team with his son as captain didn't have nearly the talent this squad does, and his son who was actually a pretty solid player was a horrible leader, zero accountability.....

This team has a Pulisic as captain, say what you want about him being "overrated" or whatever, dude would die for his team, the problem here isn't "on the pitch" it's on the sidelines, Berhalter is terrible, god awful.....

I agree with all that. But 2 things with CP. 1) get him as far away from taking corners as possible. He just doesn’t deliver good service from the corners. I can’t remember what window they had Gio taking them, but they were damn near all dangerous. And 2) I don’t like CP wearing the arm band. Once Adams works his way back into the 11 consistently, give it back to him. Just too much on CPs plate.

I agree with all that. But 2 things with CP. 1) get him as far away from taking corners as possible. He just doesn’t deliver good service from the corners. I can’t remember what window they had Gio taking them, but they were damn near all dangerous. And 2) I don’t like CP wearing the arm band. Once Adams works his way back into the 11 consistently, give it back to him. Just too much on CPs plate.

I don't mind him wearing it, he's a fiery player, sets a great example for the now younger players.....Adams is a great captain also, they are squandering the most talented US squad in history with Berhalter.....

team and greggg love undercutting the natrative

tomorrow is a 1-1 draw
Balo gets a clever goal in the 12’
We look good but give up a dumb goal in 1st half ET

2nd half will be pretty dull on both sides

team and greggg love undercutting the natrative

tomorrow is a 1-1 draw
Balo gets a clever goal in the 12’
We look good but give up a dumb goal in 1st half ET

2nd half will be pretty dull on both sides

1-18-0 vs Brazil all time.

There will be no draw.

I like the thought they somehow pull a rabbit out of a hat, but if we continue Berhalters Low Block strategy, it's going to be a very long night for US fans.

And I don't mind seeing US losing. I mind seeing us lose as if we just started playing the game.

Id consider keeping it at a 1 goal loss a decent outcome if its at least competetive through the match. Im not talking about it being 3-0, brazil subbing off their entire 11 and getting 2 classic Berhalter era goals to make the score line look completely opposite of what actually happened.

I just dont see this ending well. GGG just doesnt adapt. We will play out of the back and we will get hammered. He wont play Gio high. To me, we should play for the counters. Sit back, let them have possession, then get the ball to Gio and let him find Balogun in transition. This match is set up for Balogun to show Berhalter how to use him....because GGG doesnt see a different between Balo, Sargent and Pepe. Send in the aimless crosses.

But ultimately, I think this is going to be a 3-1, 4-1 type of game.

Id consider keeping it at a 1 goal loss a decent outcome if its at least competetive through the match. Im not talking about it being 3-0, brazil subbing off their entire 11 and getting 2 classic Berhalter era goals to make the score line look completely opposite of what actually happened.

I just dont see this ending well. GGG just doesnt adapt. We will play out of the back and we will get hammered. He wont play Gio high. To me, we should play for the counters. Sit back, let them have possession, then get the ball to Gio and let him find Balogun in transition. This match is set up for Balogun to show Berhalter how to use him....because GGG doesnt see a different between Balo, Sargent and Pepe. Send in the aimless crosses.

If it ends up a 3 or 4 to 1 loss, he already used the "didn't respect opponent " trope. ( which btw is an indictment of the coach duh).
What's next?

And agreed on Gio. He needs to be forward and free to do what he does best. Gio is hemmed into this defensive role that is restricting his play. He so worried of leaving his area, he plays tentatively instead of taking players on.

But that’s the thing - when his back’s against the wall he adjusts (well more like he lets the players play)
He’ll do just enough to buy him some more time

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom