USMNT - ‘23 and beyond (3 Viewers)

But that’s the thing - when his back’s against the wall he adjusts (well more like he lets the players play)
He’ll do just enough to buy him some more time

The narrative being pushed by the pro USSF puppets in the media is, its the players. Or the players just arent that good. That weve created an illusion of the level these guys are. Just seems like there is pushback from them that protect Berhalter. Its downright bizarre the level of protection and cover they are giving him. I dont argue that the players need to be held accountable, but the top 5 most complete performances this team has had in the last 6 years have been under interim coaches. Maybe youd throw the England draw in the WC in there to give GGG 1 of them.

But theyve told us that this is the golden generation of US Soccer, now youre telling us that they just arent that good.

US Soccer has always been about being greater than the sum of its parts. Was that ever elite? No. But this is the most skilled top to bottom roster we have put on the field....minus Dest being out. Youd think that theyd be competitive with the elite teams. Pushing them, maybe not beating them.

But 5-1 loss on home soil? You cant convince me the players are that bad.

Oh, and for the love of all things holy...start Horvath.

The narrative being pushed by the pro USSF puppets in the media is, its the players. Or the players just arent that good. That weve created an illusion of the level these guys are. Just seems like there is pushback from them that protect Berhalter. Its downright bizarre the level of protection and cover they are giving him. I dont argue that the players need to be held accountable, but the top 5 most complete performances this team has had in the last 6 years have been under interim coaches. Maybe youd throw the England draw in the WC in there to give GGG 1 of them.

But theyve told us that this is the golden generation of US Soccer, now youre telling us that they just arent that good.

US Soccer has always been about being greater than the sum of its parts. Was that ever elite? No. But this is the most skilled top to bottom roster we have put on the field....minus Dest being out. Youd think that theyd be competitive with the elite teams. Pushing them, maybe not beating them.

Irony being that it’s always been sold that the reason he was kept is the players supported him
I’d prefer ussf just came out and said ‘bc fu that’s why’

Ill circle back to that tweet i posted from Panzio....if you want access, you tote the line.

Thats where we are with these "pundits". Catch anyone of them privately and i all but guarantee they tell you differently.

And until we reach a point where the journalists who cover US Soccer act independently from USSF, this is what we will get consistently.

I hardly pay attention to them any longer. Eye test is all you need.

Last edited:
Eric is spot on here. The tactical structure some of our key players are asked to play is causing them to play tentatively. Timid. ( scared- but i dont think thats the correct term because they arent scared in the literal sense ) . Just let them play.

How many times we see Gio or CP get the ball and hesitate to take on the first closing defender? that hesitation leads to back pass or, in worst case, dispossessed and counter is on. They are thinking about their "role" instead of instinctively doing what they would normally do.

I have a tennis match at 6 - recording game- will avoid this thread til i get home. I hope for all that is good, we play "open/free" soccer to let our players' skill/ability show and create. I dont necessarily need a win. We need a performance that is indicative of our ability.

Eric is spot on here. The tactical structure some of our key players are asked to play is causing them to play tentatively. Timid. ( scared- but i dont think thats the correct term because they arent scared in the literal sense ) .
on the back foot
We have defaulted back to the Bradley era theory of playing backwards to go forwards
We only go forward if we see an opening
And since we don’t ask questions the other D can maintain its shape easily enough
We receive the ball , turn, look for opening - and in that time the D is able to reshape

It also seems easy for D to fires us wide since that’s where we want to attack (I guess using sidelines to protect against anticipated mistakes)
We take Balo completely out of the game bc we refuse to attach centrally

Was about to say Matt’s redeeming himself with his hands
Then I was going to add ‘but not with his feet then he gifts that dumb *** turnover

But Richard’s needs to close that down too

K decent first half outside the Turner Richard boner
US was holding their own until the Brazil goal but then it felt like Brazil was like ‘k that’s what we came to do let’s just work on passing like a LOT’

Jedi playing better
Scally kind of impressing - has carried ball upfield nicely a few times (and good D on Jr)
Musah’s foot is a bit heavier than I remember
Pepi hasn’t had much to do with ball but has been pretty active on D at midfield

ARRGGGHHH
CP had a sitter!!

eta
It was a pretty sequence
Weah was tired of playing in the back came back to her ball from Johnny carried to to mid handed off to Scally who carried to 1/3 and set up Wes with a BEAUTIFUL through ball
Wes laid it off for CP who was 1v1 and just oofed it right to gk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom