USMNT - ‘23 and beyond (3 Viewers)

Nice win over Bolivia to open Copa America, but probably should have had 3 or 4

Or 5. xG was 2.40. Thought it would be higher, but -.40 still isnt good considering competition.

I'm glad that I'm back to the long standing tradition of complaining that we lack killer instinct in front of goal. Those chances have to find the back of the net if we are going to compete with the elite or semi elites.

Some days, you just cant get them through. I believe Pepi had 3 chances he could have sent home and all 3 were pretty decent saves. Usually he would finish 1-2 of those. The offsides prevented another Flo goal as well.

Or 5. xG was 2.40. Thought it would be higher, but -.40 still isnt good considering competition.

I'm glad that I'm back to the long standing tradition of complaining that we lack killer instinct in front of goal. Those chances have to find the back of the net if we are going to compete with the elite or semi elites.

Some days, you just cant get them through. I believe Pepi had 3 chances he could have sent home and all 3 were pretty decent saves. Usually he would finish 1-2 of those. The offsides prevented another Flo goal as well.

he just needs to get "sighted" ( think of firing weapon ) in front of goal. All 3 shots were directly at the GK. Not one to either side. Thats simply a lack of playing and getting the feel for finishing.

I think once he nets one, he will have a better feel and finish better.

Example was Folarin goal- he picked out right post without looking up and it was placement vs power - thats the awareness Pepi needs to dial up. I suspect it will come. But in meantime, Folarin opening his tab is a good thing. Id like to see Wright get going too.

On one of Pepi’s, I think he had the right idea but was a tad late. Basically dink it into the far corner but being late, it went wide.

he just needs to get "sighted" ( think of firing weapon ) in front of goal. All 3 shots were directly at the GK. Not one to either side. Thats simply a lack of playing and getting the feel for finishing.

I think once he nets one, he will have a better feel and finish better.
I think Pepi is our best poacher - he was just uhn-luhky last night

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom