Utah are open to trade discussions for Lauri Markkanen (1 Viewer)

Make sense why Utah didn't bite on that GSW deal
I know there are some people discouraged that we haven't done anything else other than get Murray, but that deal won't be officially done until July 6th and until then we can add to it so there is a good chance that is being worked behind the scenes (I think it's more likely we go after a center than Markkannen but anything's possible)

I have also seen (sure others in here have as well) reports that there is a mutual desire to keep BI and they are trying to work a team friendly deal. I dont give a fork how much a player is making.....if the best fit for them is to be on the 2nd unit then do what's best for the team. I said the same about Zion early on. If BI doesn't fit in well with Murray and Zion, then let him wreck some reserves. I don't want to hear anybody whining that it would be too much money for a bench guy....if it makes the team better than do it that way. Zion, BI, and Murray have all shown they are capable of putting up 20+ points a night but can all three of them do it playing at the same time? Probably not.

When I watch clips of Murray, I see him forcing defenses to clog the mid-range with his iso penetration.....he needs 3 pt shooters and slashers around him (he also does well with a center working the dunkers spot but that doesn't fit in with Zion) and that ain't exactly BI's bag but in this lineup I could see BI being 6th man of the year

That's why we should trade Ingram to the Kings and get assets. Combine those assets and our assets. We have up to 6 tradable picks plus whatever picks we get from the Kings.

A core of Murray - Trey - Herb - Zion - Lauri is championship worthy.
I like it and the main problem would be teams with powerful Centers., which are getting rarer by the day.

Utah trading us LM would be as dumb as the Pels trading BI to SAC.... I hope they do it... and I hope we don't.

Utah trading us LM would be as dumb as the Pels trading BI to SAC.... I hope they do it... and I hope we don't.

UTAH aren't trying to compete next season... Trading Ingram to Sac doesn't raise their ceiling since they can't defend or rebound

You know how I feel about this... Give me 125 points a game... You can have defense and rebounds... Let's see what we both have at the end of 82... LMAO

You know how I feel about this... Give me 125 points a game... You can have defense and rebounds... Let's see what we both have at the end of 82... LMAO
You kind of just described the Hawks recently.....top 10 offense, bottom ten defense and it got them nothing.

We have the defense already (and I do think Murray will be much closer to his form in San Antonio than Atlanta between our team philosophy and Herb out there chewing arse on anybody who doesn't hustle on D) and our offense was actually pretty damned good overall except when we needed it in clutch time which is something else Murray will definitely help with

You kind of just described the Hawks recently.....top 10 offense, bottom ten defense and it got them nothing.

We have the defense already (and I do think Murray will be much closer to his form in San Antonio than Atlanta between our team philosophy and Herb out there chewing arse on anybody who doesn't hustle on D) and our offense was actually pretty damned good overall except when we needed it in clutch time which is something else Murray will definitely help with

As you said, we have pretty good defenders already - I am talking about the Pels - Not the Hawks... You need a bit of both.... but you aren't going anywhere without top level offense in the current NBA... You can go pretty far without a top level defense - Pacers and Mavs were 24th and 18th respectively last year in DEF RTG - Both were top 7 in Offense PPG - Pacers were 28th in RPG and Mavs were 21st. Both teams eventually lost - but both made their respective CONF Finals. And the Mavs made the NBA Finals.... I lean way more toward OFF over DEF/REB in today's NBA... Especially during the regular season and pre trade dead line.

The clutch stuff is a mind frame, culture, and team DNA thing... Not sure how you fix that.

As you said, we have pretty good defenders already - I am talking about the Pels - Not the Hawks... You need a bit of both.... but you aren't going anywhere without top level offense in the current NBA... You can go pretty far without a top level defense - Pacers and Mavs were 24th and 18th respectively last year in DEF RTG - Both were top 7 in Offense PPG - Pacers were 28th in RPG and Mavs were 21st. Both teams eventually lost - but both made their respective CONF Finals. And the Mavs made the NBA Finals.... I lean way more toward OFF over DEF/REB in today's NBA... Especially during the regular season and pre trade dead line.

The clutch stuff is a mind frame, culture, and team DNA thing... Not sure how you fix that.
You worried too much about a mid range artist that's slow footed and can't draw FTs.

You worried too much about a mid range artist that's slow footed and can't draw FTs.

Not worried... Just wouldn't trade him to a team we owned last year... and no one on our team gets calls or FTs... has nothing to do with draw - Zion draws 30 fouls a game... he doesn't get calls or FTs.... neither did BI.

Not worried... Just wouldn't trade him to a team we owned last year... and no one on our team gets calls or FTs... has nothing to do with draw - Zion draws 30 fouls a game... he doesn't get calls or FTs.... neither did BI.
The year before that with same exact squads owned us..

So, I don't think it matters one way or another. If they get us assets to make a big splash. Do it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom