Vick is the highest rated Quarterback in the NFC South, (if you include rushing). (1 Viewer)

If you include rushing, our turf HAS to have a 80 or so QB rating thus far.

So you're saying LaDainian Tomlinson is a better QB than Peyton Manning... right.

Show the Falcons fans this. This is ESPN's QB ratings for the season throughout the NFL. Yes, it is the passing category, but it's the only overall rating list that I could find. Notice #6 and then #21.

Link:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=pass&piece of work=off&league=nfl&season=2&year=2006

I just found this QB ratings for the season and it looks like it takes into account rushing by a QB. And it looks like it's up to date for the season. You guys can disect it. But if I'm right, Vick still is not the top rated QB in the NFC South.

Link:
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/playerrankings/regularseason/QB

Last edited:
I think it's an excellent way to show the added value of a running quarterback, you just have to be careful how you smooth your data.

If Vick drops back to pass and scrambles 8 yards for a first down, count it as an 8 yard completion.

The problem is you have to throw out all those kneel-downs because they skew both the rushing and passing stats. They shoudn't include those any more than they should call a late-game steal that doesn't draw a throw in baseball a "steal" rather than catcher's indifference.

But it does help square Vick's apparent effectiveness in the W/L column with has passer rating. I like it.

Problem is also, Vick dances a lot and quite a few times his secondary reciever is his running abiliy. Crumpler covered? Ok, let's run.. If he gets sacked(or runs for 1 yard) because of that it doesn't reflect on this "homer" qb rating of Vick. Vick misses out on numerous big plays because he chooses to run. Anyone can make fantasy adjustments to a qb rating to make their qb look a lot better than he is.

Totaly ridiculous thread...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom