Video of Taysom Hill with a 625lb. squat ! (2 Viewers)

The weights on Hill's bar looks like 50s. The Scott ones look like 25s. Being more spread out, the bar will bend more on Scott's than Hill's. I'm eyeballing it, but that's what it looks like to me.

Actually, they both look correct, 50s on both, but the bar bounces a bit more with Scott because he hopped a bit more on the finish than Hill did. Looks like both are legit.

Last edited:
Hill's vid looks grainy. but those are definitely standard 45 lbs plates. To me it looks like 6- 45 lb. plates per side plus 2 10 lbs plates each side. This would actually be 580 vs. 625. But I don't know it's hard to tell and even at that weight that requires a lot of leg strength especially with the way he has the bar situated on his back (he's not using his hips or posterior chain to squat weight up as much as low bar). He is also using a standard barbell.

Scott is using an actual oly weightlifting set-up, bumper plates and olympic weightlifting bar. You can tell by the whip when he comes up out of the squat. I can't tell what weight the plates are but it's a lot. Thing that impressed me about his lift is that he hit full depth on his squat. Hill was more of a "right above parallel" squat.

Either way, they're both strong dudes. A lot of players are. I workout with an ex-Falcons/Cowboys player and he squats 660 plus like it's nothing. He's a competitive powerlifter now in the 105 kg class for the USAPL. Dude is an absolute unit.

You are correct on the Weights per side, however you left out adding the Olympic bar and Collars which are 45lb.s total equaling 625 lb.s . The video is ligit . Taysom has seriously strong legs.

Here he is younger doing front squats of 315 lb.s, and I read somewhere that he front squats like 425lb.s, that is unreal !

damn Boston scott went deep!!

Its amazing how many strong people there are out there. Most local gyms you wont see many if any squating more that 405 for reps.

90-95. We were there at the same time, lol! I was a sports writer for the Vermilion and I bowled for the club team. Born and raised in Lafayette.
I stayed on campus. My dad was in the AF overseas. I was in McCullough.

You are correct on the Weights per side, however you left out adding the Olympic bar and Collars which are 45lb.s total equaling 625 lb.s . The video is ligit . Taysom has seriously strong legs.
Yeah, I did forget 45 for the bar, lol. Those are not comp collars though. Comp collars would add 11 more lbs. 12- 45’s, plus 45 lb. bar, plus 4- 10’s would be 625.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom