Want to know what purgatory look like... (1 Viewer)

I'm a Christian, I believe hell does not exist, yet was made up by the Church. It's a great money maker having people believe they are going to such an evil place unless they come inside the doors and drop a $20 in the offering plate.

You keep believing that your all loving God would send any of his children to a place like hell.

Hardly an infallible source.

To be fair the Pope/Vatican is viewed by many as the absolute authority, next to God himself.

I think an except from the account said God does not put anyone in hell. It's we, ourselves, put us in hell.

The deceased nun also gave chilling ,graphic details about two other nuns and another priest (in the same convent I suppose) who were also in purgatory.

Well if nuns go to hell for their transgressions, at this point in my life it's time to go big or go home!!

LOL

She was in purgatory not hell. According to her purgatory has 2 or 3 levels. If you're in either one the suffering is immense but with prayers and repentance, you'll get out.

If you're in hell....well you're damned eternally. She said no chance of getting out or at least very few gets out.

Wow imagine if I was an atheist. Imagine how according to your rant they would behave without God in their life. I mean one could never learn how to be a decent person and have a good moral code without God intervening in their life. It would be horrible for that person to respond how they thought religion was a bunch of ******** when the poor persecuted Christian might take offense. Wait I am, and I take your rant as offending me that I can't be a decent person because of that.

If the OP wants to get closer to his God fine. If he expects to post a story about someone carrying on a discussion of heaven and hell with a dead nun I mean you gotta expect some discussion,no? Sounds a bit schizophrenic to me.

Sir I didn't say that without God they wouldn't behave. I said that many people find the right path because of God. Some find it for other reasons. But if a man needs to believe in God to live a straight life, or raise children to be moral, or to stay off drugs, or to escape depression, or for any other reason that only brings the good things, who the heck are u to ostracize them for it?

And to address the second part, most werent discussing the story, but telling him their is no God or there is no afterlife. That hardly contributes anything to an intelligent discussion.

let he who is without sin cast the first stone

judge not lest ye be judged

before removing the speck from your neighbor's eye, first remove the rod from your own ****

unwittingly i think you've exposed why people make the fun they do and yet don't feel the shame

if the kid had come on and said, i'm addicted to pot and i'm thinking about snorting coke to kick my pot habit, the responses would have been similar

but for your sake, i'll go sit in the corner and think about what i've written

As usual, bible verses taken out of context.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. This is a story about a group of adulterers and murderers who were trying to convict a woman for crimes they had committed themselves. So the only way your point cld be accurate here is if I were telling people there was no God, and then attacking others for saying there is no God.

Here is a little bit more that God says about judging:

JOHN 7:24: "Judge not according to appearance, but judge righteous judgment."

LUKE 12:57: "Yea, and why not even of yourselves judge ye not what is right?"

PSALM 37:30: "The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment."

PROVERBS 31:9: "Open thy mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy."

LUKE 17:3: "Take heed... If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him."

LEVITICUS 19:15-17: "Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honor the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbor. Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbor: I am the Lord. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbor, and not suffer sin upon him."

I CORINTHIANS 2:15; 6:2-3: "He that is spiritual judgeth all things... Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Know ye not that we shall judge angels? How much more things that pertain to this life?"

Third verse: In context: You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to REMOVE THE SPECK FROM YOUR BROTHERS EYE. Again, righteous judgement.

I am not into righteous judgement, I just think its despicable to want to take something positive from someone because you don't believe in it.

NEWSFLASH! It is the pinnacle of human arrogance to think that something can't exist just because you don't believe in it.

To be fair the Pope/Vatican is viewed by many as the absolute authority, next to God himself.

I think an except from the account said God does not put anyone in hell. It's we, ourselves, put us in hell.

Yea, people who say God sends them to hell for being evil is like saying that policeman send them to jail for committing crimes. I mean, technically I guess its true, but in the end it is your actions that take you there, not the policemans.

I happen to think its rather difficult to go to hell, thats where the misconception comes in. There are certain people who are a sure thing for it, but not everyone. I mean, there are certain people who even Atheists would prolly want to send to hell.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. This is a story about a group of adulterers and murderers who were trying to convict a woman for crimes they had committed themselves. So the only way your point cld be accurate here is if I were telling people there was no God, and then attacking others for saying there is no God.

Here is a little bit more that God says about judging:

JOHN 7:24: "Judge not according to appearance, but judge righteous judgment."

LUKE 12:57: "Yea, and why not even of yourselves judge ye not what is right?"

PSALM 37:30: "The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment."

PROVERBS 31:9: "Open thy mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy."

LUKE 17:3: "Take heed... If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him."

LEVITICUS 19:15-17: "Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honor the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbor. Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbor: I am the Lord. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbor, and not suffer sin upon him."

I CORINTHIANS 2:15; 6:2-3: "He that is spiritual judgeth all things... Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Know ye not that we shall judge angels? How much more things that pertain to this life?"

Third verse: In context: You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to REMOVE THE SPECK FROM YOUR BROTHERS EYE. Again, righteous judgement.

I am not into righteous judgement, I just think its despicable to want to take something positive from someone because you don't believe in it.

NEWSFLASH! It is the pinnacle of human arrogance to think that something can't exist just because you don't believe in it.

Well, isn't that special.

so you're editing Jesus? you're saying he should have said 'if you have committed adultery, then you don't get to stone this woman"?
he went on to say, "hey any blasphemers in the crowd? get a rock and start a throwin - and rejoice that you didn't commit the same crime that she did for only then should you not judge her"

does it say anywhere in the bible that one should spout knowledge without the burden of wisdom? that would help your argument lots

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RWUQFCZqFHs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

so you're editing Jesus? you're saying he should have said 'if you have committed adultery, then you don't get to stone this woman"?
he went on to say, "hey any blasphemers in the crowd? get a rock and start a throwin - and rejoice that you didn't commit the same crime that she did for only then should you not judge her"

does it say anywhere in the bible that one should spout knowledge without the burden of wisdom? that would help your argument lots

For the purpose of good discussion, and since you aren't getting personal and being stupid like most people do, may I ask that you clarify, because I want to respond but I am not following. Thanks for the good discussion though.

Something tells me its a good thing Fuzzy is on my ignore list.

To the O.P. just convert to being southern baptists...purgatory will no longer be an issue.

Guys, I started this thread with the intention to discuss what we know or think we know about life after death. The link I posted is a true account relayed to Sister Marie De La Croix by a deceased nun who appeared to her numerous time. According to the revelation she herself was in purgatory for the small sins she committed on Earth. Just let that sink in for a minute folks. If that is true we all are going to hell or at least purgatory. Try to read the link in its entirety. It'll make more sense if you read it a second time.

BTW regardless how I reconnected with God. Criticize, ridicule all you want. At least, I renewed my faith.
In September of '09, I had a massive heart attack. My heart was stopped for 10 minutes. I remember the light. I remember seeing my grandfather. He told me it wasn't my time. I woke up two days later in the hospital. (just in time to watch the Saints beat detroit to start their run) during my time on the other side, I saw nothing to change my views on theology, ethics, or the general way I'd been living my life. I truly believe that if I'd been living my life the wrong way, my experience would have been a lot different, if what this dead nun and so many of her compatriots have said over the millenia was true.

Organized religion as a whole has lied and manipulated the masses since they came into existence. Why should I start to believe them now? Don't get me wrong, I applaud your finding faith, and I hope it keeps you well in times of strife. It just doesn't work for me.

That's exactly how I feel when I tell people I'm a pastafarian and support the church of the flying spaghetti monster.

billboard22.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom