We are spoiled (1 Viewer)

Speak for yourself I was fine with Jim Everett, AB, and Jeff Blake. I just wanted to synch up a decent QB with a dominant defense and a sustainable run game.

I can remember when that was the goal. All I ever wanted was a good QB. That was the missing piece. I wanted a Elway or Young or a Jim Kelly. I wanted a Pro Bowl type QB or even just an above average starter. Never could've dreamed that we'd end up with the greatest statistical passer of all time.

The thing is, there is only ONE drew brees. What we are witnessing is average QB play like most teams have. We have seen greatness at Qb for years that we expect above average when we see a qb play. As much as i like him..Taysom, nor wintson is that. They are an average qb.

This is the exact same thing I said last year about Bridgewater. The problem is that Taysom was NOT average last week, and he doesn't have any good seasons in the past that we can look back on to at least know if he can make it work.

Sunday should tell us a lot.

Wether we acknowledge the fact or not, we have been spoiled by Drew Brees’ near 2 decades of dominance in the black and gold.

Not even speaking on today’s showing, but every backup that has come up in relief of Drew has not been on his level, and it’s been noticeable.

It is going to be depressing when Drew is no longer licking his fingers on the field for us.

I've been saying this for the past 7 years I have been on here. When Drew is gone I foresee many dark years. I truly hope I am wrong and we find a QB that can replace Drew even just 90% of what Drew has done but that day still remains to be seen.

Do they ask these questions in Pitt, NE, or Baltimore? I don't anyone that wants to go back to their first car or anything else you claimed when you were less fortunate.

I moved to Denver just in time for Elway's last two seasons, and they've spent the last two decades since looking for the next coming, so I'm somewhat mentally prepared for what we have coming. Replacing Drew Brees, you're talking about one of the most durable, reliable and consistently productive players in league history, and the single most highly productive quarterback in league history. There will be a drop off, anyone thinking otherwise is fooling themselves, and it's not out of the question to expect that in the first three years after Brees retires we may see a half dozen different players start a game at quarterback for the Saints. It's just what happens.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom