We are spoiled (1 Viewer)

you're proving OP's point
spoiled is having the GoAT at QB and considering that 'normal'
Drew is now the baseline for how we thinking about QBs and everyone that tries to replace him in the next 10-15 years will pale in comparison

Exactly. Some are half full glasses, others are half empty.

I’m happy we are winning. Enjoy the journey...this could be special.

you're proving OP's point
spoiled is having the GoAT at QB and considering that 'normal'
Drew is now the baseline for how we thinking about QBs and everyone that tries to replace him in the next 10-15 years will pale in comparison

No, I'm not proving his point. I do not consider Brees normal, nor the baseline. And in noway am I judging what I saw yesterday against Brees. I'm judging it against what we typically see from even rookie QBs.

I'm sorry, but yesterday was not a tinted glasses, unconsciously comparing him to Brees situation. It was just awful QB play. It can either get better or not. Brees isn't a factor in my thinking and I still have faith Taysom looks totally different on Sunday.

Wether we acknowledge the fact or not, we have been spoiled by Drew Brees’ near 2 decades of dominance in the black and gold.

Not even speaking on today’s showing, but every backup that has come up in relief of Drew has not been on his level, and it’s been noticeable.

It is going to be depressing when Drew is no longer licking his fingers on the field for us.

Actually, I'm not spoiled. After all those miserable seasons and constant heartbreaks, I deserve seeing this team winning. It has nothing to do with spoiled.

Maybe you can say that for some of the younger folks, but I lived through constant heartbreaks.

When Drew hangs up his cleats for the last time, I won't have these high expectations, but the defense is looking to strive for at least a few more years so even a mediocre QB should still get us into the playoffs. I love this team through the bad, the good, and the bad.

Before we start throwing around the word dynasty I'd love to see us get another Lombardi and keep this team together around salary cap hell that is coming.
yea we're looking at some changes starting next year. However, I believe Loomis and Sean will figure it out

You are right.. we are spoiled. I’ve really tried over the last two years to just appreciate what we have and what we have had since Drew suited up in the black and gold. Sometimes it’s hard to truly appreciate something until it’s gone. I’m as an emotional fan as they come. Sometimes probably a little too much. We get caught up in the emotions and forget just what Drew has done for this team, city and fanbase. There will never be another Drew Brees. The GOAT! #9

I’m just glad this franchise has a standard of success now.
That’s the common denominator between these eternal basement dwelling franchises. Failure breads failure.

It is going to be depressing when Drew is no longer licking his fingers on the field for us.

Father Time is undefeated. Just enjoy the good times while we have them. The Saints are a rock-solid organization from top to bottom, so I'm optimistic about the future, post-Drew.

Be glad we ain't the Jets, because I can still remember a time when we were...

Before we start throwing around the word dynasty I'd love to see us get another Lombardi and keep this team together around salary cap hell that is coming.
I agree, but consider this; we used to have a losing reputation. I currently no longer see paper bags. Sure, we have only one Lombardi. But, i personally enjoy watching my powerful team play. A team people have to cheat to beat.

I haven’t been spoiled. I just don’t understand why Tyson doesn’t pull the trigger faster and why he throws into double coverage. Why doesn’t he just throw for over a 70% completion average and throw 40 TDs and 9 interceptions. Call me crazy but wouldn’t that be easier than not being the greatest ever?

Tyson was pretty clear after the fight. He is not interested in getting licensed and sanctioned. He just wants to do this for a bigger purpose, raising money for charity. You're definitely spoiled.

A child is given candy every day by their parent. One day the parent doesn’t give the child a piece of candy and the child throws a tantrum. Is the child at fault?

I believe that the parent is at fault for giving their child candy every day. By abruptly stopping the candy, the child feels injustice because what did they do to deserve punishment?

Last edited:
Speak for yourself I was fine with Jim Everett, AB, and Jeff Blake. I just wanted to synch up a decent QB with a dominant defense and a sustainable run game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom