We owe the 49ers (1 Viewer)

Man we lost to them last year 13-0 with 5 Redzone trips and no touchdowns. Are they really that much better than us on our A game?? Coaching they sweep us easy but talent wise?? Man we could have beat them last year with Andy lol. Zero execution
If Kamara does not fumble at the 1 yard line, he was going in. 13-7 at that point. We were that close.

If the Saints make the playoffs, we better hope that someone else beats SF first. They look unstoppable.

And I despise them, but it’s the truth.
Until they reach the NFCCG with their 4th string QB for like the 5th season in a row.

SF is a lot like the Brees-led Saints in that way. Super talented and always in the mix, but could never get over the hump when it mattered most. Regular season kings.

It is your age showing, but not in the way you are taking it. It is showing that you weren't alive at the height of the old NFC West rivalries (Saints, Falcons, Rams, 9ers), so you are not going to get the sentiment @SaintswonSBXLIV is expressing. You really had to live through those years to get it.

Now, I don't necessarily agree with SaintswonSBXLIV, but I understand the sentiment.
I was alive during the old NFC West rivalries. And there ain't a damn thing better in all of sports than your squad winning a Super Bowl. I'd happily trade a lifetime of taking last-minute heartbreaking Ls to the 49ers for just one more Lombardi. SBXLIV was easily a top-3 memory for me, one I fear will never be matched.

Would be better than winning a Superbowl. Anyone who was around from the mid-80s to early 90s and remembers 2011 and 2019 knows why this is true.

giphy.gif

I'd take a Super Bowl win followed up by four consecutive years of 52-3 playoff smackdowns by the 49ers at the Superdome if it meant we got that one championship.

49ers weren't in our league the year they knocked us out either
If the 2011 divisional round game had been in the Superdome, we win by double digits. The fact we had the lead with 30 seconds left to play despite committing 5 turnovers tells you why that 2011 team was the best Saints team to date.

Go to bed. These niners will embarrass the saints.
They would embarrass us potentially because of our O, our D would give them issues all over again just as we did last time we played them. However, eventually, I think you are right. The D would be on the field so much the score would look lopsided by the end.

But, we have a while before we would play them if we even get to that point. We shall see if we can improve that much and our coaches can get a lot better by then.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom