Week 1 - Friday injury report - Ruiz/Davenport out, Mike Evans questionable (1 Viewer)

True, but when the guy on the other side (Cam Jordan) has yet to miss a game (in his entire career), one should see how this is frustrating.
Or one recognises that Cam is the ridiculous exception, not the rule we demand all others live by.

I'm happy to extol Cam's virtue, not bury other players for being human.

Agree on Davenport.

With Evans, it’s a weird deal. I feel like he’s the type of receiver that prompts Lattimore to rise to an elite level. Without him, I’m hoping we can see those same lockdown attributes from both CBs (not to mention whoever is checking Gronk) to give a MD-less pass rush more time to get home.

Lattimore said coaches stressed to him this offseason that in order for him to go from good to great he needs to start taking every WR seriously and not slack off when he's not facing a big name. Lattimore admitted to being disinterested at times when he wasn't going against the Julios of the world. So this is a good test for him to put his money where his mouth is Sunday. Although, Godwin is definitely no slouch so he should be taking him seriously no matter what.

I seem to remember that Davenport was a tall skinny kid right before college (and maybe even his first year in college). Maybe his tendons and ligaments just havent had enough time to acclimate to his size yet?? 🤷🏻‍♂️ grasping at straws here

I seem to remember that Davenport was a y’all skinny kid right before college (and maybe even his first year in college). Maybe his tendons and ligaments just havent had enough time to acclimate to his size yet?? 🤷🏻‍♂️ grasping at straws here
I imagine you'll get to hear a well rehearsed theory on this from an advanced aquatic technician shortly.

Lattimore said coaches stressed to him this offseason that in order for him to go from good to great he needs to start taking every WR seriously and not slack off when he's not facing a big name. Lattimore admitted to being disinterested at times when he wasn't going against the Julios of the world. So this is a good test for him to put his money where his mouth is Sunday. Although, Godwin is definitely no slouch so he should be taking him seriously no matter what.

Good stuff. I do wonder if we’ll see more of Jenkins on Godwin or just do away with “traveling” and play sides, while rolling coverage for Gronk.

I think the frustration is that it's been three years in a row. Same w/ Armstead, really. Very talented yet can't stay on the field. Armstead figured it out tho so hopefully this young guy will too.

I so hope Granderson is ready and shows he can be the guy b/c if he can't and Davenport continues to stay injured, we have to draft a DE again.

Well, it now seems this is 100% the reason we went after Clowney so hard

I actually disagree. If Davenport's availability was the reason we went after Clowney, then a measely $2,000,000 would not have been a sticking point.
Either Dav's elbow is new, or we feel comfortable with Trey and Granderson... or maybe Dav's elbow is a week or two thing, not season ending.

I'll go with the later.

I think the frustration is that it's been three years in a row. Same w/ Armstead, really. Very talented yet can't stay on the field. Armstead figured it out tho so hopefully this young guy will too.

Will say this tho, we have to draft a DE again.

Serious question. How does one figure out not being injured?

And as for Armstead. In his defense, I believe LT is the most injured position in the NFL. The size and mobility required to play the position dictates that.

I actually disagree. If Davenport's availability was the reason we went after Clowney, then a measely $2,000,000 would not have been a sticking point.
Either Dav's elbow is new, or we feel comfortable with Trey and Granderson... or maybe Dav's elbow is a week or two thing, not season ending.

I'll go with the later.
If it was a UCL tear. He'd already be on IR and in surgery.

And as for Armstead. In his defense, I believe LT is the most injured position in the NFL. The size and mobility required to play the position dictates that.

Cam vs Davenport. One has figured it out where one has not.
Getting injured has alot to do w/ training as well. Off season as well as in season.

It takes a lot of factors. Diet, intensity level, body maturity, limberness, and body dynamics. Giving 110% and overcompensate your body limitations will lead to injuries.

It takes a lot of factors. Diet, intensity level, body maturity, limberness, and body dynamics. Giving 110% and overcompensate your body limitations will lead to injuries.
Thank You.

Also, talking to trainers and doctors about your body and how to use it in ways to protect it i.e. Kobe and Lebron.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom