Week 3 vs the Packers will be the game where the Offense gets right. (2 Viewers)

disagreeing is one thing, admitting you are "stuck on" it and insisting an opposing view is "clearly biased" is kinda being butthurt.

Especially when we are talking about the falcons, and especially when you have been a member here for a year and 60% of your posts since joining have been spent trying to insist that we don't have "far" more talent than Atlanta.

Thanks for playing!

:gl:
Can’t talk ball with everyone.

The bottom line is this....Green Bay played their first two games on the road and coming off a shaky loss. They'll be ready to go for their home opener. Defense must contain Love but offensively is where a huge difference must be made. Run the ball, take care of the ball and score TDs in the redzone!!!!

For the first 9 of Carrs football formative years he had gotten used to feeling that he has to carry his team. This because the Raiders' defense was terrible. Carr needs time to shed his PSTD. Clearly, he's still thinking that its all on him by being literally surprised that we somehow had the lead going into halftime 6-3 after playing poorly. Hopefully the game slows down for him and our Oline gets better.

You DO remember AK #41? Right? Since we won't have him vs GB that's a moot point but when he does return? You and The League WILL remember just how great of a RB he is~! The screens , getting AK in space with a running start, will be wonders to watch~! Buckle Up Buckeroos! Time to get BUSY!
I honestly think some people have.

For the first 9 of Carrs football formative years he had gotten used to feeling that he has to carry his team. This because the Raiders' defense was terrible. Carr needs time to shed his PSTD.
I mean, that's fair. He's obvs not a rookie but with the preseason being what it is now, this is only his 3rd constructive in-game experience with this team coming up so for that reason -- and, admittedly, some others -- he's still shaking off the stink of the lesser precious metal of the silver and black for the superior metal of gold and black.

Run the ball, take care of the ball and score TDs in the redzone!!!!
I hope the players are using this as a mantra. Esp. that red zone thing. We can bring the players to the red zone but we can't make them drink it. Or something like that.

Can’t talk ball with everyone.

I mean there is a time and place for the discussion. This thread was aimed at discussing the Saints at Green Bay game. Instead of discussing the thread topic, you want to nitpick one sentence and hijack the thread to argue to what degree, if at all, we have more talent, than our most hated rival, which is a TOTAL SIDEBAR to the thread topic.

I don't like thread-jacking and I don't like Falcons love.

Here is the ENTIRETY of your posting history here:

Screenshot 2023-09-20 152040.png

You are CLEARLY a falcons troll, so Dick, you can go "talk football" elsewhere, thanks.

No where in there are you discussing the line operating as a unit (the main reason we’ve been ‘off schedule’)
Has GB put enough tape that we can scheme against what they want to do?
The oline plays best on run plays. This is painfully obvious. I agree with the poster, that even though our strength is in the wide receiving core we will,need to get the ball to them from play action. We can get an extra second or two if the defense thinks they need to,play run.

There Dline is no where near as strong as TEN or CAR. If there still able to get pressure and we can't protect Carr, then that will be a very poor indicator of the overall success this team will have this season, regardless of the outcome of the game.

There secondary is on par with the Texans, below average, and we should be able to get separation and move the ball down the field. As bad as the Saints Oline has been with pass protection, they do a much better job in run blocking against CAR. If Miller is truly ready and we continue to use Taysom we should be able to have some success running the ball and opening up the passing game.

Red zone offense will be another huge key to victory. In two games we have had 4 trips inside the 14 yard line that ended in FG's. With the weapons we have, we should be scoring in the red zone at a much higher rate. We have have shown we can move the ball down the field even against good defenses. To be honest both of those games should have never been as close as they where.

Really looking forward to seeing how the defense plays. Tannehill looked pretty darn good against the Chargers last week. Makes the week 1 performance look even better.

Love did not look great last week, really weird game to be honest. Only passed for 151 yards. The GB offense was kind of anemic. On 10 drives they only had:

17 First downs
47 Total plays
224 Total yards of offense.

Atlanta dominated them in every category. The main difference in the game was the Ridder TO and Atlanta had 6 penalties for 110 yards. They just kept settling for FG's and it cost them the game.

If we play clean football and don't settle for FG's, I think win. In fact I going to predict 31-13 Saints.

• 1Like
Reactions: RJS
I feel our offense is mostly right. We are just lacking good red zone play which I think we may be getting together. I’m curious why we haven’t used jimmy graham in any of these scenarios.

I feel our offense is mostly right. We are just lacking good red zone play which I think we may be getting together. I’m curious why we haven’t used jimmy graham in any of these scenarios.
Agreed. If our red zone percentage gets back to what it was even a year ago, we're scoring 25+ per game and I think that's plenty with this defense

Green Bay is currently -1.5 against the Saints, and 54-46% FPI chance to win. FPI supposedly takes in offense, defense, and special teams. I do not know what affect player status and/or game site would have on the index, although I would think player status in particular would be considered in the index.
It's player status and homefield advantage from what I've read. Jones and a few others are questionable.

GB has a TNF game against Detroit right after.
It’s very possible that GB is sloppy while they look forward to a more important division game in a few days.

There Dline is no where near as strong as TEN or CAR. If there still able to get pressure and we can't protect Carr, then that will be a very poor indicator of the overall success this team will have this season, regardless of the outcome of the game.

There secondary is on par with the Texans, below average, and we should be able to get separation and move the ball down the field. As bad as the Saints Oline has been with pass protection, they do a much better job in run blocking against CAR. If Miller is truly ready and we continue to use Taysom we should be able to have some success running the ball and opening up the passing game.

Red zone offense will be another huge key to victory. In two games we have had 4 trips inside the 14 yard line that ended in FG's. With the weapons we have, we should be scoring in the red zone at a much higher rate. We have have shown we can move the ball down the field even against good defenses. To be honest both of those games should have never been as close as they where.

Really looking forward to seeing how the defense plays. Tannehill looked pretty darn good against the Chargers last week. Makes the week 1 performance look even better.

Love did not look great last week, really weird game to be honest. Only passed for 151 yards. The GB offense was kind of anemic. On 10 drives they only had:

17 First downs
47 Total plays
224 Total yards of offense.

Atlanta dominated them in every category. The main difference in the game was the Ridder TO and Atlanta had 6 penalties for 110 yards. They just kept settling for FG's and it cost them the game.

If we play clean football and don't settle for FG's, I think win. In fact I going to predict 31-13 Saints.
Great info.

Red zone struggles were obvious last year. Seems like a continuation into this year so far. Hopefully we will see things open up as the year progresses.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom