What are you reading? (1 Viewer)

Sandman

Not A Cat
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Thought I would start a thread about books we have read, are currently reading, or plan to read. I am always looking for good suggestions for books (Goodreads and such). I thought I would see what y'all are reading.

I'll start. I just finished reading I am Watching You (mystery), and I am reading Dan Brown's new book Origins. I am also listening to Anna Karenina on audiobooks (I have a long commute, so this is how I am passing that time).

I am Watching You is good, and a fairly easy read. I am only a few chapters into Origins, but it is good so far.

Anna Karenina is really good, but it is extremely long. I am about a 1/3 of the way through it. It is my "large book" that I want to knock out this year. Last year, it was the Count of Monte Cristo. Great story, but it was really long.

So, what are y'all reading? Any particular genre you prefer?

BobE

Now with Covfefe
Reaction score
If you like AA Comes of Age then I highly recommend “Not God”. It is truly fascinating.

and Breathing Underwater by Richard Rohr. This one I can’t recommend highly enough.

also check out YouTube speakers Sandy Beach and Joe and Charlie’s Big Book lessons. Sandy is inspirational and Joe and Charlie break down the contents better than pretty much everyone. That’s like an 11 hour series

I'll have to remember to check that out. I've been reading the others so haven't really started AA comes toage but may have to tomorrow night at work.

sfidc3

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
i want to read the rest of the girl who played with fire. fantastic series.

i have an issue where when i like something so much, i have a hard time putting my time towards the story etc. i just know i'll be absorbed by it till finished.

seriously awesome story and collection. i'd easily submit to lisbeth.

Going to the library today to pick up the Girl who played with fire!!!!!

And, yes, I'm the same way, it was hard to put those books down.....

sfidc3

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
You better.have a story ready. Like your her uncle or something. Your likely to end up in serious hot water and they won’t even care about her pyro tendencies.

It took me a minute to get above (I'm getting old)....well done sir!!!1

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I'll have to remember to check that out. I've been reading the others so haven't really started AA comes toage but may have to tomorrow night at work.
i want so badly to say something sarcastic, but i can't get anything together. instead, here is a fish:

jasonsw

Long live Duke and Goose
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Also enjoy Sir Gawain and the Green Knight and Weltys short story a Walk Through the Woods.
Edit: Also love The Crucible.

Last edited:

Mojomajik9

Team Gleason
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
For my birthday I got some Audible gift cards and I picked up Mythos by Stephen Fry and he also narrates. It’s absolutely fantastic. If you like Ancient Greek mythology or are just a fan of Fry you’ll love this. The myths are retold with Fry’s wit and humor and it really works well with the subject snd you can tell he has an affection for the stories. My daughter also gets a kick out of it. If you need a break from the news I can’t recommend this high enough.

Yatman

threadkiller
Reaction score
the tatooist of auschwitz didn't deliver

Oye

carry all the groceries in in one trip
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Finished Station Eleven.... but maybe too on the nose for these days and times.

it’s such an amazing read, though. One of the best I’ve read in the last five years

Description
Station Eleven is a 2014 novel by Emily St. John Mandel. It is Mandel's fourth novel. The novel takes place in the Great Lakes region after a fictional swine flu pandemic, known as the "Georgia Flu", has devastated the world, killing most of the population. It won the Arthur C. Clarke Award in 2015.

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Finished Station Eleven.... but maybe too on the nose for these days and times.

it’s such an amazing read, though. One of the best I’ve read in the last five years
i have it in my audible list. listening to a brave new world (3rd time), in preparation for the show coming up.

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
also the end of october, but i'm kinda nervous to start it.

Rickboy

Nom Nom Nom Nom.. me hungry for a SuperBowl
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Since Issac Asamov's Foundation is coming to Apple TV, I figured I'd go ahead and read the series.

*KamaraG!rl*

I'm right on top of that, Rose!
Reaction score
Natalie Cole's autobiography Angel On My Shoulder. She'd spoke about her past drug addiction in interviews but I had no idea she was as bad off into drugs as she was. My goodness!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom