What happens to Reggie when Mike Bell returns? (1 Viewer)

PT had 5 yards on 6 first half carries, but as the trend continues and we are allowed to play with a lead Payton goes for more of the grind it out type of back to wear a Defense down, as we saw yesterday and we wear down teams. the bigger question is what is going to happen between PT and Bell. as we've seen yesterday and since last year, PT still struggles to pick up those short yardage yards, whereas Bell has no problems. Bell is also explosive as a RB as proven by his many runs of over 10 yards. do we really not think that Bell wouldn't have done just as good if not better the last 2 weeks after what we had seen in the first 2 weeks? so as many like to think Reggie's carries will be cut down with 3 healthy backs, in fact PT and Bell will be the ones who's carries are limited. Payton has said he will feed the hot hand, so backs better make plays when they are in the game or they will not get the opportunnity.

I agree with your putting PT's performance in perspective, but one play where PT showed something extra special was the short pass where he broke all those tackles and got to the 1.

I think Bell and PT will begin to split carries. Reggie will still be in most passing downs as he is our best receiving option out of the backfield.

We haven't been running Reggie a lot, I mean hasn't been getting too many carries this season. I think we should start getting him the ball on those flat routes. We were doing it last season(and the previous 2 before that), but I've no idea why we stopped this season.

I think Bell and PT will begin to split carries. Reggie will still be in most passing downs as he is our best receiving option out of the backfield.

We haven't been running Reggie a lot, I mean hasn't been getting too many carries this season. I think we should start getting him the ball on those flat routes. We were doing it last season(and the previous 2 before that), but I've no idea why we stopped this season.

Because we have faced 2 teams who absolutely love to blitz: Philli and NYJ. Reggie has been staying in to block more than he will be asked to normally.

Because we have faced 2 teams who absolutely love to blitz: Philli and NYJ. Reggie has been staying in to block more than he will be asked to normally.

I think blitzing actually helps though. It seems to me that he would be all kinds of open if we ran those swing passes when opposing teams blitzed.

I think blitzing actually helps though. It seems to me that he would be all kinds of open if we ran those swing passes when opposing teams blitzed.

when theyre bringing 6 or 7 guys, you have to keep as many as u can into block. Thats a huge responsibility of a third down RB even if its bush.

i would think his carries will decrease but nothing really major, he wills see more time at WR Definitely but he will get his touches as well as remaining the number one punt return guy

when theyre bringing 6 or 7 guys, you have to keep as many as u can into block. Thats a huge responsibility of a third down RB even if its bush.

I know. But it would help to keep the pressure off Brees if we start getting Reggie the ball in the flats on designed swing plays. On those plays, you kinda want to funnel the pressure into the middle of the offense so Reggie can have space when Drew throws him the ball in the flats.

I know. But it would help to keep the pressure off Brees if we start getting Reggie the ball in the flats on designed swing plays. On those plays, you kinda want to funnel the pressure into the middle of the offense so Reggie can have space when Drew throws him the ball in the flats.

I agree. He should get more touches in the open field as a reciever. I think he'll get those opportunities when the situation calls for it.

You know Reggie is a SAINT for goodness sake ...how bout a lil support. Dang.

benn looking for the site but reggie did restructure his contract in june he is only makinf like 4.5 towards cap this yr and 7 next yr but we can drop him at any point after june 1 or somthing like that next yr with no penaltys so he does notice and is trying to help the team with cap room found the sight http://profootball.scout.com/2/777697.html

Last edited:
Why don't we just motion him out wide instead?

You know, because he takes 3, sometimes 4 defenders with him?

...oh wait

When he stops making stupid decisions on punts and following that up by fumbling the ball in his own territory and permitting the opponent to score a touchdown and get back in the game.

We saw Buddy Ryan's son yesterday, Rex, as the Jets Head Coach. Buddy Ryan was once so fed up with a player in Philadelphia (it was RB Ernest Jackson), he went into his General Manager's office and demanded that he be traded immediately because of continued bone-headed mistakes. He was quoted as saying, "Trade him for a 6-pack, and it doesn't even have to be a cold one."

Any objective, knowledgeable professional football observer can see that #25 is making the same mistakes over and over and over ... and I'm just talking about this season, 2009! Fumbles, running sideways or backwards on punt returns, and, worse yet, letting punts bounce for 15-20 yards instead of fielding with a fair catch. How many drives have started with bad field position because of his lack of judgment on when to fair catch or let a punt bounce. Lance Moore went in for a punt return yesterday ... he was smart enough to let the ball bounce ... it went into the endzone. The Saints started at the 20, not the bloody 4-yard line!

I want players with a high football I.Q. When players continue to make the same mistakes, it's incredibly frustrating. I think Payton has just about had it as well. He had something to say yesterday to Reggie (after his fumble and the Jets TD), and it wasn't very complimentary.

Enough about #25. The team is 4-0 and everybody enjoy it! As fans, we have a lot to be thankful for so far in 2009.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RCC-E8ktcMg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RCC-E8ktcMg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

its not worth the trouble trying to say how bad bush is getting, he didnt get benched in sundays game because of the fumble he got benched because he let that punt go on the sidelines in the 3rd or early 4th quarter. he never returned to the game after he let that punt roll down to the twenty. maybe payton sees whats happening with him. at least last year and the year before he could return punts now he will not even catch them. i do not like him, never have, to much money for a scat back, but i do wish he scores every time he gets the ball because i do like the saints.
thank god bell will be back agianst the giants

its not worth the trouble trying to say how bad bush is getting, he didnt get benched in sundays game because of the fumble he got benched because he let that punt go on the sidelines in the 3rd or early 4th quarter. he never returned to the game after he let that punt roll down to the twenty. maybe payton sees whats happening with him. at least last year and the year before he could return punts now he will not even catch them. i do not like him, never have, to much money for a scat back, but i do wish he scores every time he gets the ball because i do like the saints.
thank god bell will be back agianst the giants

Its funny how people interpret things...they see what they want to see and hear what they want to hear...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom