what is noc (sp?)

aj

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Ratings
I am having horrible trouble with my bellsouth dsl - so far i've talked to them on the phone about 5 hrs and the tech was here for another 3 hrs - everything works good when he logs on with his username etc but whenever we try to log on with my username we can't surf - the last thing the tech people on the phone told him was it was some kind of noc problem - what is that???

Severum

Staff member
Administrator
Tech-Admin
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Ratings
NOC = network operations center.

Some kind of NOC problem = we don't know what the problem is.

Randy S

No Jacket Required
Ratings
For clarity; he is using YOUR PC and keying in HIS username into your DSL modem with no other changes?

Are you getting login/authentication failure messages? With his account logged in, can you go to bellsouth.net and check your webmail account?

It sounds like it could be a problem with your userid/password; their B-RAS won't hand out an IP without a good authentication and you can't surf without a good IP.

A BellSouth tech should have a way to escalate into their NOC - demand this if it is not offered.

Last edited:
OP
OP
aj

aj

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Ratings
yep - he used my pc and logged in with his username on my modem - no problems at all - just change the userid to mine and it won't work

yes - i can check my email while his id is logged in

we never got any kind of error messages

the helpdesk said they would call me in 24-48 hours - which was up about 30 mins ago - the tech gave me his phone number to call monday if they haven't solved the issue by then

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom