What is the rep meter? (1 Viewer)

My Rep went from 10 to zero in a blink of an eye :) I'm sure these meters will be bouncing back and forth too much to get an accurate reading :)

I've been around since 02 as you can see and haven't done much posting. But to me none of that really matters because we are all here for one thing.... and one thing only, to support our Saints.

I say everyone here has always enjoyed the boards and has made it one of the best if not the best without the new and fancy upgrades. So now with them everyones experience with be just that more enjoyable. Forget the reps and number of posts and just have a good time doing what you'd do anyway.

I guess I am not tech savvy enough to get it. What is the purpose of the rep meter? Not complaining, but shouldn't any honest opinion be valid? Again, I don't really understand how it works, but if people are handing out negative feedback because they don't agree with each other it would seem like it could get out of control quickly.

I guess I am not tech savvy enough to get it. What is the purpose of the rep meter? Not complaining, but shouldn't any honest opinion be valid? Again, I don't really understand how it works, but if people are handing out negative feedback because they don't agree with each other it would seem like it could get out of control quickly.

There won't be a ton of negative feedback probably. People are to lazy to hand out negative rep just because they disagree.

The rep meter will, more then likely, just be a popularly contest. Andrus will get roughly a billion rep points even though he rarely posts for example. Not that Andrus isn't super awesome or anything, not my point, just the people who will get "rep" will be the ones people know and personnally like.

I sincerely doubt most people will bother taking the time to give rep, positive or negative, to strangers regularly.

People who post countless threads about the same topic definately get negative rep in my book.

I agree! People need to learn to use the search feature and not just browse the first page or two.

Popularity contest. Whoop-ti-doo.

Reminds me of an old TV commercial jingle.

"My dog's better than your dog,
My dog's better than yours,
My dog's better 'cause he eats Kennel Ration,
My dog's better than yours!"

I think people need to respect other people's opinions and not necessarily give negative reputation for it. I can imagine a few situations where if you don't agree with the majority of people on the board then you will get a ton of negative reputation.

It might even happen with some of the joke posts around here where some people get mad and don't realize that it's satire, although I do think it will more than balance out from people who actually get the joke and give positive rep.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I agree. This couold get very interesting. Hopefully not too ridiculous.

OK, being the technologically savvy person I am *cough, cough*, I just figured out the answer to my own question by dragging the cursor over the colored buttons next to the rep meter.

Check it out everyone, it adds to the coolness factor.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom