Music What Song/Album Are You Listening To? (1 Viewer)

Dallas_Saint73

Squat, Bench, Deadlift.
Reaction score
I love it so much. Those two by Skeler specifically, but I listen to a lot of mixes on youtube/soundcloud. I'm on an eternal quest for good mixes. Can't find them on Spotify usually, unfortunately. You can install an addon in Chrome that puts a download button next to tracks on Soundcloud, if you want hi-def versions of this stuff. Here are a couple more mixes I've been listening to.

Mixcloud is another good app for mixes.

Personally I am more of a dubstep/drum and bass, etc. guy when it comes to EDM, but I do like the drift/phonk sound too.

Reaction score
Mixcloud is another good app for mixes.

Personally I am more of a dubstep/drum and bass, etc. guy when it comes to EDM, but I do like the drift/phonk sound too.
I'll check out Mixcloud! Love dnb and dubstep as well. I didn't 'get' electronic music until I listened to The Prodigy's Music for the Jilted Generation at a party in college. I was, uh, intoxicated, and the speaker was right by my head. Have been a fan ever since.

Good heavy bass/dubstep remix, not on Spotify:

Dallas_Saint73

Squat, Bench, Deadlift.
Reaction score
I'll check out Mixcloud! Love dnb and dubstep as well. I didn't 'get' electronic music until I listened to The Prodigy's Music for the Jilted Generation at a party in college. I was, uh, intoxicated, and the speaker was right by my head. Have been a fan ever since.

Good heavy bass/dubstep remix, not on Spotify:

Oh the Prodigy is classic. It was really one of the first acts to propel EDM into the mainstream (alternative radio stations mainly). Fatboy Slim and The Crystal Method were the others. The earliest Prodigy tracks would be played at raves in the early 90's though. I was a part of that generation.

Yes, what I like about the new generation of dubstep is that it fuses metal, rap, 80's, pretty much all different types of genres (depending on the artist). It's not the same as it was in 2011 or so.

Reaction score
Have been listening to a lot of 'alt' rap lately. I don't know what to call it. I've heard it called dark rap, emo rap, trap metal, horror rap. I just know I like it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Oh the Prodigy is classic. It was really one of the first acts to propel EDM into the mainstream (alternative radio stations mainly). Fatboy Slim and The Crystal Method were the others. The earliest Prodigy tracks would be played at raves in the early 90's though. I was a part of that generation.

Yes, what I like about the new generation of dubstep is that it fuses metal, rap, 80's, pretty much all different types of genres (depending on the artist). It's not the same as it was in 2011 or so.
I went to my share of raves at The Palace once upon a time. Cruising around New Orleans, blasting Fatboy Slim, Moby (Play is such a good album), Orbital, Prodigy, DJ Shadow, Massive Attack, and Crystal Method in my work truck in the late 90s/turn of the millenium, installing high speed internet. Salad days :)

Dallas_Saint73

Squat, Bench, Deadlift.
Reaction score
I went to my share of raves at The Palace once upon a time. Cruising around New Orleans, blasting Fatboy Slim, Moby, Orbital, Prodigy, DJ Shadow, Massive Attack, and Crystal Method in my work truck in the late 90s/turn of the millenium, installing high speed internet. Salad days :)
All solid acts. I miss those days.

I met Shadow on his Private Press tour here in Dallas. Really cool and humble dude.

Reaction score
I miss those days.
So do I dude. So do I. Searing New Orleans summers, balcony doors of my third floor Bourbon street apartment open, enjoying chill beats while I played Everquest on my futuristic ADSL. Forever stressed about my truck being towed lol. Best times.

That is cool that you met DJ Shadow. I wore out Endtroducing.

Last edited:

Dallas_Saint73

Squat, Bench, Deadlift.
Reaction score
So do I dude. So do I.

Yes. Midnight In A Perfect World.

There was a documentary years ago about how Shadow found the albums that he used to sample and make Entroducing. According to him, a record store in SF has tons of old dusty records in a basement and the owner would let him go down there and dig through them. The documentary is called "Scratch". It's a documentary on DJ'ing and features Mixmaster Mike, Q-Bert, Shadow, Cut Chemist (Jurrasic 5), and the pioneers like Kool Herc, Flash, and more.

Dallas_Saint73

Squat, Bench, Deadlift.
Reaction score
So do I dude. So do I. Searing New Orleans summers, balcony doors of my third floor Bourbon street apartment open, enjoying chill beats while I played Everquest on my futuristic ADSL. Forever stressed about my truck being towed lol. Best times.

Full doc here.

Reaction score
Yes. Midnight In A Perfect World.

There was a documentary years ago about how Shadow found the albums that he used to sample and make Entroducing. According to him, a record store in SF has tons of old dusty records in a basement and the owner would let him go down there and dig through them. The documentary is called "Scratch". It's a documentary on DJ'ing and features Mixmaster Mike, Q-Bert, Shadow, Cut Chemist (Jurrasic 5), and the pioneers like Kool Herc, Flash, and more.
Talking about sampling and old records reminds me of another band that was in heavy rotation for me in those days, The Avalanches. An Australian group, their music is pretty much all samples.

Dallas_Saint73

Squat, Bench, Deadlift.
Reaction score
Oh yeah, they sampled everything. UNKLE is a good one to check out if you like trip-hop. Shadow co-produced. The first album Psyence Fiction is a classic.

Reaction score
Oh yeah, they sampled everything. UNKLE is a good one to check out if you like trip-hop. Shadow co-produced. The first album Psyence Fiction is a classic.
Wore that album out too! Trip-hop is probably my all-time favorite genre. That is wild that we were listening to essentially the same playlist back then.

I would classify this as dark trip-hop. One of my favorites of recent years.

Complex Kid

Most things I worry about Never happen anyway
Reaction score
Talking about sampling and old records reminds me of another band that was in heavy rotation for me in those days, The Avalanches. An Australian group, their music is pretty much all samples.

Great. THis will be stuck in my head for the next week now.

Not that I mind.

kizzy821

Would'f, Could'f, Should'f
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm an atheist but I love this song. It helps me to fall asleep.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom