Whats something you’ve noticed about this new offense? (16 Viewers)

Manageable third downs.

We are winning on first and second down at a much higher clip than last year. It was almost routine that a drive would have at least one or two 3rd and 8+ situations. Now we are almost always in 3rd and manageable where we can legitimately run the entire playbook including runs, tosses, short/intermediate routes. We aren't shooting ourselves in the foot by missing a first down pass, getting the second down run for 1-2 yards, and then face a 30% chance of conversion on 3rd down.

Winning the first two downs are built primarily on an effective rushing attack and play calling that is less predictable. Some first downs we run, some we pass. Some second downs and long we run, some we pass. But even when 1st or 2nd down isn't a highly effective play, the other one ends up making up for it. We don't make two mistakes in a row now.

We're utilizing every good player on the roster to their best ability. THILL is all over this offense. AK in space. Shaheed Deep. Olave crossing. DC play action dimes. Power runs in space from 21 (JWilliams) on 3rd and short.

Elite play calling, speed, versatility, movement, road grinder OL know their assignments, running game is excellent! Beautiful passing! The successful execution of the plays! They look all madden is my best description they cannot be stopped, maybe slowed down a bit lol

It is a offensive philosophy that has made teams Super Bowl Champions. It is very detailed and seems to be a relentless attacking style offense, it is one that looks for holes in the defense rather than trying to make a defense bend to your scheme, it attacks the defensive scheme. Of course, it all starts with running the ball. Shanahan used it with TD in Denver and Kubiak used it with CMC and with his time in Minnesota.

The season is young but at worst case we should end up in the top 10 in total offense. Best pick up for the Saints as far as offensive coaches since Payton. In context though Payton and Carmicheal were it forever, so the future looks good.

It is a offensive philosophy that has made teams Super Bowl Champions. It is very detailed and seems to be a relentless attacking style offense

Yep. It seems like a "fast break" offense, with several players that defenses feel they MUST cover on every down.

By the time defensive linemen figure out how to get around our OL, they're almost in the secondary.

For me one of the main things I’ve noticed is our receivers look open. What I mean is the last year or two SP was here and the years after he left it always seemed like accurate passing was the key because our WRs always had DBs stuck to them like glue. It was always frustrating because the other teams WRs always looked open. This year whether it’s the motion or it’s the route design our players have 3 to 5 steps on the DBs so a ball a little behind or not perfect is still catchable. It’s not like the players are different, they are just open.
This has been what I've been begging for. Even back when we had Drew, seemed like he was always throwing to a guy with a defender draped all over him. No room to create after the catch. Very little space. Catch ball and then go down. Always throwing into super tight windows. Flip the channel and you see other offenses with guys running around butt naked open. They made passing the football look effortless. Flip back to the Saints and you see Marquez Callaway and Little Jordan Humphrey and it's like how did it come to this?

This has been what I've been begging for. Even back when we had Drew, seemed like he was always throwing to a guy with a defender draped all over him. No room to create after the catch. Very little space. Catch ball and then go down. Always throwing into super tight windows. Flip the channel and you see other offenses with guys running around butt naked open. They made passing the football look effortless. Flip back to the Saints and you see Marquez Callaway and Little Jordan Humphrey and it's like how did it come to this?
2 TEs or 2 RBs makes the Safeties lean toward the LOS, and when Carr notices a S lagging, Shaheed or Olave make them pay.

Scoring touchdowns on opening drives/scoring in the red zone.

Didn't we kind of suck at that the last couple of seasons?
That's kind of an understatement

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom