When FA players fly in for interviews ... who's pays for the travel expenses? (1 Viewer)

I would be very surprised if the team didn't foot the bill. For what it's worth, firms have always paid for flights, hotels, and sometimes food when I have to travel for on-site interviews--and I make a fraction of an NFL player's salary.

Hey some companies even give a new hire a relocation fee.
Quite a few in fact.
Playing for a FA or even a potential draftees is peanuts for them.

Except when the interview is out of town.
including out if by town. If I'm going for a position in my field in Louisiana, I have to get myself there, or they're not going to consider me. At all

You think a prospective employer is going to pay my airfare?

The team, if you listen to Sean tell the whole story about back when drew came here for a visit. He gets into detail about a lot of things.

I work for a cruise line.

They have contracts setup with specific travel companies (Priceline, Expedia, etc) for airfare and hotel accommodations.

Company pays for everything at a reduced % based on that company purchasing a specific amount of flights / hotels a year.

If you are trying to woo someone to your organization, you aren’t going to make them pay their way there.

including out if by town. If I'm going for a position in my field in Louisiana, I have to get myself there, or they're not going to consider me. At all

Absolutely, or I'm not going to work for them. I was in the job market during 2018 and I traveled to a few cities that included airfare, hotel, rental car. Prospective employer picked up the bill for all of it. At least three different companies/cities.

Yes. Some actually do. Do you really think a team would let the minor cost of airfare be the difference between signing a player they think can help them win? If one team pays and another doesn't what do you think the player say about a team he would hope to get millions from?

These are free agents. Teams contact them therefore the player is in demand and the team pays. In your situation if you don't apply somebody else will.

The interviewer doesn't know that. Hence the interview.

By making an NFL roster these guys have already proven they’re at the top 1% of 1%. Hence the perks. If I was the top Network Engineer in the country, I’d like to think I wouldn’t have to pay Google to fly to San Fran.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom