Which great WR in their prime would you have like to see DB9 work with not named MT13 or Quiet Storm? (1 Viewer)

I always wanted to see him with ANY prototype wide receiver, but specifically I've wanted Fitzgerald for him for a while because I don't see him as the "pre-madonna" (heh) that most of the others are.

Travis Kelce, I know we had Graham but that dude just plays with something extra.
Jerry Rice's route running with Drew's accuracy is terrifying.
Marshall Faulk, could you imagine him running and catching the ball in our offense.

I would say Jerry Rice. Not the fastest guy but runs the perfect route for any quarterback to be successful. Rice can be fast and deeps when he needs to be, make a 5 yard hitch route into an 60 yard td, high point any balls with 2 defender on him, and till this day is the best at getting open. For a guy that just runs a 4.6 and gets open almost every time tell you something about his work ethics and film study. And being how competitive Drew is and his work out routine can't be undone, Rice would of given Brees a challenge every time. Have you guys seen Rice documentary and his work out and how no one can ever keep up with him? Drew and Rice would of been so perfect both on and off the field. They both would of challenge each other.

All good choices....

Steve Smith is mine, he had it all. Great athleticism (he played like a much larger receiver), freakishly strong, great hands, could run any route in the tree....and a great blocker downfield....

He is 1a, Fitz is 1b......

Hands down Jerry Rice cause he is the GOAT and would fit in well with the locker room. His superb route running with Drew Brees accuracy would be Montana to Rice all over again just with a modern touch

Calvin Johnson.
Megatron and Brees. The NFL would have invented a couple rules to try and slow this combo down.

Honorable mention:
Steve Largent.
He wasn't the fastest or biggest he just caught everything thrown at him.

Wes Chandler 8 Games with Fouts he had 1k+ yards (avg 129 yds/game) imagine with todays rules and Drew.

Why did we let him go? That was way before FA.

IIRC, former Saints sportscaster (the late Wayne Mack, author of the book: "The Saga of the Saints") recounted this story: Coach Owid Allen (O.A.) "Bum" Phillips didn't like it when (at a team social gathering) Wes Chandler was off to the side eating alone instead of mingling with his teammates.

It was then Bum decided that Chandler had to be traded. I was also p'd off when Bum got rid of Archie Manning. :mad:

:gosaints:Saga of the Saints_cover.JPG

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom